Sign in to follow this  

iCat

Anyone ever had any expieriance with the iCat mod for a YZF250? I was lookin into them, and if they do what they say they do, then it would be worth the $200 they charge. Transworld gave it a 9/10... but I wanted to know if anyone had ever had one on a 250F. Thanks guys.

Heres the site if your curious what this little thing is.... www.icatusa.com

-yzfrider389

I had it on my 2002 YZF it cleans up the jetting and hence better pick up from bottom to top. I would put one on my new bike too.

I had it on my 2002 YZF it cleans up the jetting and hence better pick up from bottom to top.

i'm failing to understand, so please help me. i must be confused -> 😢

a device installed on the spark plug fixes the jetting in the carburetor?

and the two devices in question don't touch.

The 2001-2002 YZFs had the coil mounted on the frame. The 2003+ YZFs have the coil integrated into the plug cap. Therefore, I would think they would use a different model of iCat. But I do not know for sure.

i'm failing to understand, so please help me. i must be confused -> 😢

a device installed on the spark plug fixes the jetting in the carburetor?

and the two devices in question don't touch.

icat's claim is now that the spark if more powerful and longer, if can burn the mixture longer, and burn a richer mixture. How it can clean up a lean mixture puzzles me.

you just have to get a single BY8424 diode and some (i.e., a couple of layers of) heat shrink tubing.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

wrooster,

Having a new mod to chatter about would be great. Please write it up.

While doing the write up keep this in mind. It is my understanding that the icat goes between the coil and the spark plug. Easy to do on 2001-2002 models. Think of how you would apply a "homemade" iCat to the 2003+ models (and those of us who have done the coil mod) where the coil is integrated into the plug cap.

Do you still need an iCat if your plug is on the cap?

By the way, even with an iCat, I still foul spark plugs about every 5 hours. Must be a talent because my bike runs great otherwise.

From what I gather from the older icat thread.... all it is, is a Philips BY8424 diode? Correct me if i'm wrong.

And where would I start looking for a Philips BY8424 anyway?