Sign in to follow this  

Fat Boy Suspension Work???

Taking the XR4 to the shop for a early Christmas present suspension work 😢 . Going to have it re-valved and new fat boy spring in the back for my 235lb frame. Any advice in set up from someone that has had this done before. I am going to have it set up for Hare Scrambles. Not entire sure on what all needs to be done, relying on the shop tech to tell me, but is there any questions or other stuff I should be paying special attention to for this procedure?

Merry Christmas all 😢

I purchased Gold valves and appropriate springs from Race Tech and delivered them (and my suspension components) to the tech at the suspension shop and told them "I want it to ride like a cadillac" and it was done.I sure dont regret it,I would never have thought it would make that much difference.Just make sure you get the sag set right when you get it back and enjoy the ride for a change. 😢

Just make sure you get the sag set right when you get it back and enjoy the ride for a change.

Yeah, have the suspension tech set the sag for you right there in his shop, before you even take it home.