Sign in to follow this  

2005 wr250f???

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board and had a question. I currently ride an 01 yz250 that is set up to ride both woods and mx. My buddy is wanting me to look at the 05 wr250f as he just bought an 05 wr450f and has rode 4 strokes along time. I am just getting comfortable with my yz250 as it can be a handfull in the woods. I come from a street riding back ground so I've only been riding dirt for about a year. Will the wr250f be easier to ride than the yz250? I'm also alittle concerned about the weight of the wr250f. Any thought? Thanks

You may want to test ride your buddy's WR450F for a power and weight check.

Coming off a YZ250 you'll find the WR250F's power lacking so you really need a test ride of both bikes (WR250F & WR450f). It won't matter what year, just that you can stand the power loss for your style of riding. The WR250F will be easier to ride in the tight trails, but for steep hill climbs and sand the WR450F shines brightly.

If you are interested in keeping your YZ250, then I'd suggest looking at a rekluse www.rekluse.com . This would help your trail riding experience, it would allow you to focus more on bike control than motor control.

Rich

I did test ride his wr450f and the I thought the bike weighed a ton. I'm only 5'10" 160lbs so you can imagine trying to hang on, although I did like riding his 04 ktm 525 exc!!! How much power difference do you feel there will be between my yz and the wr. I don't ride alot of mx but I do like to play on some of the sand tracks we have here in the midwest.

I love my wr450!!! Well, I like it alot...I would be happy to let you borrow it for a day.. $6000. deposit 😢 , and a meal at the local mexican restuarant 😢 . If you don't brake it, or yourself..I would give you half your money back...by the way, I would be interested in your YZ250 if it is a 2001 model. $1500. cash...let me know...good luck, smitty 😢

for your weight I would think a 450 would be to big and heavy. I have an 05 WR 250 ,I weigh 210,and I am not liking it.It is fun when trail riding and hangs pretty good with 450's,but when I'm racing hare scrambles I getoutpowered on grass track and long hills.I am thinking abut selling it and woodsifying my crf450.I think for you the yz250f would be better.

hey' brsmith,wheres hooterville,Iwant to go there?

60 miles south of St. Louis Mo. 😢 by the way, Me and Dogger are riding buddys. It was my wr450 and Ktm 525 he was talking about. He has the cleanest 01 yz250 you would ever see (next to new). 😢 smitty

Oh Yeah!!! Now I remember, that's where the 69 el camino that is upside down in the front yard is Hooterville, MO

It was a 71 light blue chevelle wagon, upside down in the front yard...NOW YOUR ARE MAKING FUN OF ME..... 😢 JUST REMEMBER..I AM YOUR TIRE CHANGER... 😢 SMITTY

What do you think? wr250f or yz250f? Or better yet, just keep the 01 yz250 😢 and get the wr250f 😢 Or just wait and see if the 06 model wr's show up in aluminum skeletons 😢

I have, #131 MHSC. Dogger has not had the pleasure... But will next year. He live near St. Louis, I live near St. Joe state park...smitty