Yz vs. Cr

what do you mean I'll be riding three months before the valves close

go to the CRF250 forum and read every thread with the word "valve" in the title. then come back here so we can continue this conversation. ps: read the signature line of the guy you quoted above. he knows of what he speaks -- he has both bikes.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I am considering switching over to the honda. I have heard so much good stuff about the hondas. Such as they are lighter, easy in the turns and a nice amount of power. Is there any solid evidence or reason to stay with yamaha. I am 6.1 and 160 pounds. thanks

Honda makes very reliable bikes.

1. honda valves last longer than any bike

2. They last months and months without an oil change.

3. their transmisson is enginered by geniuses

4. No piston skirt probelms what so ever.

Hondas are great bikes with very good reliability. yamaha sucks and always break down ( changing valves very 15 hrs )

Go by the HOnda ?

Thumpers4life are you saying you currently own a 250F? Or you've switched your mind on which one you want to get? If you have a YZ250F and have ridden a honda, theres a very noticable difference in power.Oh and btw Im re-shimming my 02 yz250F for the second time in the 2 years Ive owned it.

I'll give Honda the better reliability on thier air cooled bikes. You can shoot them with a pistol and they'll still run. Ok, maybe not that, but you don't have to change the oil a lot and the filter (even though you should)

But the Yammies are much more reliable than the honda on the water cooled, no doubt about it. My 250 has 30 hours on it. If I had a honda I woulda had to change out the valves a couple of times. Or if I was lucky, it'd still be running.

I love my yammie. I love the handling too...

pretty much everything oscar said about honda is just the opposite. yamaha are far, far better than honda. and what were you smoking when you said honda has better reliability then yamaha

? i was being sarcastic.

regarding your avatar, what exactly is the freebsd daemon doing to tux?

i wish it was the other way around too ! ? I think bsd and linux are equally good!