Sign in to follow this  

10guy is back!

We have been impatiently waiting for a couple months to get your ride report of your new 440.

Well? Is it as sweet as we all hoped? 😢

He's turning into the Area 51 thing! 😢 Lack of response is only making people MORE curious!

I've got it! He's quit his job to ride his bike! That must be it! It's so sweet and perfect now, he doesn't have time to work or be posting on TT! Sleeps and rides and eats and rides!!! That must be it!

I think he is avoiding us for some reason. Something must have gone horribly bad.

Hope not! But not a bad guess other wise would of heard about it. Thats too bad. 😢

I am back........sort of. As some have guessed there were issues with the rebuild, or rather with the rebuilder. After getting the engine together I started it and let it run for 10 minutes or so while adjusting the carb etc. When I turned it off I noticed a slight leak down by the water pump so I let it cool and then throughly wiped the engine down. I started it again and leaned down to look at the pump area when it died. I tried to start it again and it would not turn over. Pulled the head and an intake valve was stuck upside down in the piston and it's seat was destroyed. At that point in time I had had it. I decided to take a break from the bike for a bit and regroup. The bike is still sitting in my garage with no cylinder, piston or head waiting for me to get motivated to start again.

I'm not sure why it broke, but I do know that my state of mind was not the best when rebuilding it. I was in a hurry and pissed about all the problems that kept cropping up. At the same time I started having issues with both of our main vehicles, one didn't want to go (transmission) and the other wouldn't stop (brakes). I had caught myself making a couple of mistakes and should have quit there but instead kept going with it. When I found myself going crazy thinking about it and looking at the parts I decided to take bronco's suggestion to heart and went out and tossed the pieces into a canyon. It made me feel a lot better and I was able to quit thinking about it.

I'm now psychologically ready to start over again, this time will be different because I'm not under any time pressure.

when things get ugly its always good to walk away for a while and think about it after you cool off. or do what i do, go mix a stiff drink (rum and coke) and say screw it til next week. 😢😢

That sucks.....The old saying when it rains it poors. I really hope it all goes well. The break must of felt great in some ways. Third time will be the ticket.

I was afraid it was something like that. We feel your pain. We have all been involved and are invested in your project along with you.

Don't give up.

10guy,

I've been away for a while, so I just saw your post. I'm terribly sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm glad to hear of your excellent outlook on jumping back in for another go. I wish you the best of luck on it, and would like to thank you again for your info on the Muzzys pipe hook-up.

Happy New Year!

Tom