Sign in to follow this  

My CRF150 will crush any 250F!!!

O.K., well maybe not. I just wanted to get the attention of all the 250F lovers.

I haven't seen any fun post up lately so I thought I'd throw one out there.

I've been reading a lot of people saying,

Questions: "Why would anyone put tons of $$$ into a trails bike and not just get a 250F?"

Answer: Because we can!!!! 😢

Guys, it's fun. Why would people create companies like BBR, Two Bros, CRF50 Racer, etc. Because there's a demand for crazy people to spend money. There's so many companies making expensive parts to make 2-9hp bikes go fast. Why in heaven's name would they do this?

Because its fun. I've been flabbergassed at the comments that it's stupid or it doesn't make sense. Well, you're right! It is stupid and it doesn't make sense, but who's going to argue that the 3 stooges are pure genius (hum. I take that back. I might argue that 😢 )

Anyway, I just thought I'd open up the flood gates to the folks out there that just don't understand the joy of taking a junker and making it an expensive junker. 😢

Finally, someone else on my level. Everyone, ask me all the time. Why did i bore and stroke it to a 203. Heck, im probly be goin to a 223 and a full 250F on my other 150F!!!!!!!. Why. Becuase i can and its fun to do. You learn the basics of the motor and they are small motors so they are easy to work on. Why should we just move up to a 125/250f. Maybe we're not tall enough. Why go with a 85. Not as fun. So why take a 150 and do this. Because its fun. Its awsome to go to the track and all the little pro 85 riders count you out cause they have a 150 on the trailer and they think yours is stock and they know how much power they have. Well they cant see inside my motor so they dont know. Its even funner when you take off from the starting line and they get to eat your roost all the way to the first corner and threw the corner and then they back off cause it hurts to get hit by mud in the hand/face/body/legs. And even better. ITS A TRAIL BIKE.

You can make a 250 smaller. But I look at it this way. No matter how much money you put into these bikes, they will never rip like the 250F's. If Wasting all of your paychecks on a bike is "fun" then have at it. But for me, I'd rather spend a little bit more for a used one, with balls out power.

O.K., well maybe not. I just wanted to get the attention of all the 250F lovers.

I haven't seen any fun post up lately so I thought I'd throw one out there.

Questions: "Why would anyone put tons of $$$ into a trails bike and not just get a 250F?"

Guys, it's fun. Why would people create companies like BBR, Two Bros, CRF50 Racer, etc. Because there's a demand for crazy people to spend money. There's so many companies making expensive parts to make 2-9hp bikes go fast. Why in heaven's name would they do this?

Because its fun. I've been flabbergassed at the comments that it's stupid or it doesn't make sense. Well, you're right! It is stupid and it doesn't make sense, but who's going to argue that the 3 stooges are pure genius (hum. I take that back. I might argue that 😢 )

Anyway, I just thought I'd open up the flood gates to the folks out there that just don't understand the joy of taking a junker and making it an expensive junker. 😢

Toneconsultant... you are a bad influence!

heh heh The nice thing I like about my 230 on the SM track is that it becomes a Riders Race! Yes, a kid on a CR 80 will out run my fat 200# butt on my 230, but it is a ton of fun turning under KTM525's mid corner

I see it a bit different. Even with my 250R..(I had a 150) I just made it fit my needs. If the bars aren't right, I swap 'em. If the exhaust doesn't sound good and chokes up the power, I swap it. I never got into motor work, but sure would have loved to. I just changed everything so I could say it's "MY BIKE." But it's cool, I usually let people do what they want.

I raced bikes for many years and have owned many bikes 80s, 125, two stroke and four stroke 250s, last bike was a 03 yzf 250. I wanted a CRF 250 but didn't get it because of the valve issue and ended up trading my 03 YZ 125 for a 04 CRF 150 and installed CR suspension, and powroll goodies in the motor - as mentioned above FUN is the word. My 150 is more FUN for me, different strokes for different folks! My friends who ride bigger bike say that my 150 is a blast to ride.

sk8fasst ----------

Used to race hu??????

what happened?

sk8fasst ----------

Used to race hu??????

what happened?

Yeah Im a has been, Ive had my days racing, now Im older with a lot of responsibilities, I ride mainly with my son who is starting to race, and cruise around the track with him and friends. After years of racing every weekend and going all over the Nation to race and about 4 broken bones, racing does nothing for me now. 😢

heh heh The nice thing I like about my 230 on the SM track is that it becomes a Riders Race! Yes, a kid on a CR 80 will out run my fat 200# butt on my 230, but it is a ton of fun turning under KTM525's mid corner

Aaaaah. It looks like I touched a sweet spot with this one. hahaha.

I have to say, its good to hear so many sick individuals see it my way. I have to say, however, I need to go with CDALEDH's response. I don't know if I can say I'm smok'n anyone on my 150, but I can say I've run down and caught most of the guys I see on big bikes. If it weren't for those nice smooth straightaways, I'd pass more of them.

Hey 250Thumper, I'll give you that one about us not being able to rip. That's a given. That's why I haven't put so much into the engine (though I probably will. Again, because I can 😢 ), but if I want that, I'll pull out the CR250. Funny thing, however; I haven't sat on that bike for about 2 years. 😢 hahaha.

Actually, power is cool, but I've done that. Now its all about silliness on a toy bike. An expensive boy bike.

Hey look. Tomorrow's pay day. I think I'll go blow some more $$$ on a slow bike!!! 😢 Damn that's fun.

One of the best parts about mini-bikes is building them and all the time one has to put into it. Although, sometimes it can be a pain. But it makes each bike fairly unique and it makes pretty good mechanics out of us.

Yeah Im a has been, Ive had my days racing, now Im older with a lot of responsibilities, I ride mainly with my son who is starting to race, and cruise around the track with him and friends. After years of racing every weekend and going all over the Nation to race and about 4 broken bones, racing does nothing for me now.

😢

hahahah sounds phun 😢

One of the best parts about mini-bikes is building them and all the time one has to put into it. Although, sometimes it can be a pain. But it makes each bike fairly unique and it makes pretty good mechanics out of us.

This was the first four stroke that I replaced the top end on. I was suprised when it started on the second kick after putting it back together. (Now Im ready to soup up my John Deere!) If we did not have a 150 limit on the mini four stroke class around here mine be a stroker motor for sure:thumbsup:

Guys, it's fun.

I've been flabbergassed at the comments that it's stupid or it doesn't make sense. Well, you're right! It is stupid and it doesn't make sense, but who's going to argue that the 3 stooges are pure genius (hum. I take that back. I might argue that 🤣 )

Well, I'm guilty of being one of those guys 😢 that says it doesn't make sense :D but people change! 🤣 I have tried to talk someone into a different bike because it sounded like they were serious about racing MX. I have to admit though there is a lot of fun in doing mods to your bike though! So far I've just done changes to make the ergos fit me better, the suspension more active & stable & protection for it.

I would not do engine mods for the reason that the bike is limited more by suspension than it is power, for speed on the trail. Most of the places I ride a XR100 can keep up with a 450 if they're the better rider. So, as long as I'm riding the 230, I wont bother doing a big bore & cam. However, I would like to have my son get some hands on experience with the internals of a motor. So, probably in about 2 years we'll do a big bore kit & cam. The bike will be his so his interest in it should be high! 😢 The reasons for doing it: because it's educational, "it's fun" & we can! 😢

ok im sure spending tons of money to make a trail bike fast is pretty cool i used to want to do that to my ttr, but not anymore..... put in $2,300 and u can be as fasst as an 85, pay like $1,200 and u cud have the suspension, but the bike does not have the same feeling as an 85 its much heavier.... putting aftermarket parts on trail bikes to race will stress out parts and eventually u will crack ur frame.... in my opinion buying a 250f is a better option but if u cant fit and u dont want to deal wit a 2 stroke u can go soup up a trail bike jus make sure u have $$$$$

I don't think anybody wants to put money into a Yamahahahahaha! 😢😢😢 Don't blame you! 😢 Just good money after bad! 😢

I didn't wanna put a lot in my crf neither. Just anything for ergos and personal prefrence was all I needed.

Trail bikes a trail bike, no matter what you do... Well, unless you put a 80 engine in it with the suspension, but that would just be stupid.

-Phill

I think you guys are missing the point about owning a 4-stroke play bike. Nobody ever expects their mini-4-stroke to be as light, powerful, nimble or as fast as a competition style bike (ex. Cr Kx Rm 85,125, 250 or whatever). The reason for having them is that they are just plain fun for those who like them. They do require a lot of $$$ input, but that's part of owning one.

Bob's 150

Crf Crf Ttr

I don't think it matters what bike you have there will always be something you want to change, more power, better suspension, different graphics what ever. It's just a matter of how much you can afford to spend.