Sign in to follow this  

FIM motoGP on Speed last Sunday

Anyone else watch these guys and think - They're out of control!!!

Granted the track seemed pretty rough and they did seem to be going pretty fast, compared to the AMA motocross they seemed like amatures!

Is is just me? 😢

Yes, ...it's just you! 😢

The slowest guy on a Moto GP grid is a better rider than anyone you are likely to ever meet. ...of course you have guys like Nicky Hayden who is a moto fanatic and loves doing the dirt thing, ...and guys like Valentino Rossi who, let's face it, is simply one of the best motorcycle racers in history!

I'd say there is a big difference between muscling a 200lb, 90hp dirtbike around, and a 250lb, 260hp GP bike. lol Yeah, they do look a little out of control at times, GP racing is all about being on the hairy edge of control. At that level, if you play it safe you'll be waaaay behind the pack.

Pick up a copy of "Faster", narrated by Ewan McGregor ...it will give you a great insight into the world of Moto GP. 😢

Think I messed up my Title - what I meant was the motocross race. I'll fix the title

PS - doesn't take much to be faster than me...

The announcing ruins it for me. That guy is so brutal that I can't sit through an entire race. And I know the GP guys are fast, some of the track layouts make them look bad, with impossible jumps and goofy sections that ruin the flow of the race and make them LOOK like amateurs.

Hehe ...I thought it was an odd comparison ...AMA Motocross and Moto GP! 😢

...still, you should get your hands on the "Faster" movie ...it's awesome! 😢

...still, you should get your hands on the "Faster" movie ...it's awesome! 😢

I agree! I've seen Faster a few times now and it kicks major ass 😢 Rossi is hilarious in the opening scene 😢

The comentating and coverage ruins it for me also. Last season they had the cameras set up differently or something and the colour was completly different for each camera. Comentating was way too loud compared to the bike sounds and the comentators themselves were horrible. The guy sounded like English was his first language but he wasn't even referring to track obstacales by their common names. I think I once heard him refer to ruts as 'slots'. 😢 But it is getting better, heres hoping that next season they get their act together.

Their televised format IMO is far better than the AMA version though. That section between the two motos where they just give you general information about new bikes/technologies, FIM announcements and other stuff is great. 😢😢

The announcing ruins it for me.

Absolutely, I'm asleep before the gate dropped. Monotone boring commentary and almost no engine noise. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

By contrast the Candian Motocross anouncers are great and the racing is close too.