powdercoat or paint

i wanna get my rims frame and subframe all blakc i just dont know which way to do it pc or paint? i want to get them all done the same way. i have easy acess to a paint booth and i could go get some paints i might have to go and get a spray gun though. i have just heard alot of concerns about sand blasting and that it can get into the frame and get passed through the motor through the oil and ruin it what should i do?

I would go with PC, I used to shoot powder and It is very durable. Check out my 450 in my garage, the frame is powder coated. It shouldnt crack if done correctly but will chip if hit with sharp rocks. To help avoid this have them shoot the color and then put a clear over it, the clear is more flexible and will add a shine like you wouldnt believe. If you have a Yamaha with an oil resivoir in the frame have them either burn off the old paint or chemical dip it (providing they have a burn oven or dip tank) I have done lots of custom stuff, I wish I still did it for a living, except it didnt pay too well. I would like to bead blast the frame (a type of sand blasting with glass bead media) then just throw a clear over it, it comes out like a silver sparkle.

If you PC make sure you remove everything like suggested above and also make sure you mask all mounting area for the motor, swing arm and other components or you will have a hard time getting them back on and will have to file your new paint job.

Powder Coat The Frame And Strip The Rims And Have Them Anodized Black. They Look Trick And Is Very Durable. Just Make Sure If You Go With Anodize On The Rims That The Anodizer Adds Uv Protectant Into The Mix, Otherwise The Color For The Anodize Will Fade To Nothing In The Sun, It Is Still Anodized But With No Color. The Additive Will Make It So They Won't Fade.

The only bad thing about Powder Coating is that after a while it cracks and is VERY hard to repair without it looking bad. It doesn't cost too much and looks great.

Find a powder coater that will fix damaged areas. The shop where we get our powdercoating done will touch-up any damage for no charge. They know that MX bikes get beat up, so they don't have a problem with fixing scuffs and such.

Dan.