Sign in to follow this  

high velocity intake ports

on some stuff.not everything.

Just curious Burned, do you mean you have tried it on some stuff, or that it only works on some stuff. I would really like to know the results if anyone has done this to a single cylinder dirtbike.

I read every page of the mototune website (took a while, the graphics make me wanna 😢 ) and most of it makes sense to me. But I wonder if his method works well on something besides 15,000 rpm racebikes. I know there was a letter he posted from someone who did the 65% port height method on a Harley but it is easy to make a Hawg breathe better.

I measured the ports on my E model. They're very, very close to the size Mototune recommends. My TLS took about 5 packs of epoxy to shape. There was no improvement on the dyno, but it improved the torque curve alot.

I measured the ports on my E model. They're very, very close to the size Mototune recommends. My TLS took about 5 packs of epoxy to shape. There was no improvement on the dyno, but it improved the torque curve alot.

So you measured the E's port diameter and they are 65% of the valve diameter?

Yes, see, your old over weight iron dinosaur really is cutting edge 😢 Within 1 or 2mm, if I remember correctly. I was going to try the DRZ first, since it was a single, but after checking there was no reason too. For reference the TLS needed about 8-10mm to fill.

just fyi ron hamp (RHC here on TT) says with a big bore cylinder a drz head is better than the honda head.

ron makes 60hp out of crf 450's with stock bore. 😢