Sign in to follow this  

look good for endure race

i was wondering what should add to my 230 for endure race. i already have skid plate. iam thinking about getting moose aluminum hand guard. hand guard protectores, power up kit? any thing else i should add to this.

how long is the race? how many checkpoints? Do you have a way to keep time? Anytime I race, I do a complete service on the bike! This includes fork oil (sometimes), engine oil, air filter, adjust the chain, replace the spark plug (sometimes). Check tire pressure....what race is this?

its 100 mile race . its in nh. i doent no how many check points there are. and iam thinkin about gettin spedometer. with all that stuff. but still thinkin.

A well prep'd and ready bike... fresh oil change, clean air filter, lubed & adjusted chain w/ good sprockets, tight spokes, brakes adjusted, good tires, etc...

Good hand guard like you said are a must, saves levers etc. I also like to run heavy duty tubes (Moose tubes work great!). If its dusty you may want to us pre-filters socks on you air filter - like PC Racing Filter Skins so if your power drops off due to dusty filter you can pull the skin off (via a string) to get your power back. Also make sure you bike can make it to the fuel stops. Usually the race promoters have a fuel check at 50 miles... which the CRF should make without a problem.

For you.. in addtion to all your safety gear don't forget a hydration pack like a camelback or simular and carry a few energy bars with ya...

Some folks (like myself - I dont like to DNF) also carry tools and spare parts in a fanny bag for some trail side repairs if needed. Other don't so its your choice.

And have fun....

Fresh tires help!

I imagine you'll be doing loops.

Have at least one extra air filter ready to go if it's going to be dusty. You can have your pit crew change it during a snack break.

How about at least give us a link to the race website. It's just so nebulas right now.

Hey Drew i'm in the same boat as you. I'm getting ready for some endurance/hare scrambles, the stuff i ordered was the moose handguards (pain to intstall), and a michelin MS2. I just tried the new tire today and it roosts like a mutha, and has great traction. So what i would recomend you get is: Power-up kit, new rear tire, hand guards, New handlebars, Skidplate, drop a tooth on the front sprocket and or add some teeth to the back, and thats about it unless you wanna get a trailtech computer.

BTW good luck on any races you participate in 😢