Sign in to follow this  

All I want for Christmas is my Suspension

Well as many of your know, I posted i sent out my suspension last week to a local guy (Empire Racing) that does most of the pros bikes. I dropped it off and was told a 1 to 2 week wait. Well it was two weeks yesterday, so called and even though somewhat disapointed it wasnt done, he said it should be done by tomorrow afternoon. SWEET!!!!! So i call up my friend make a plan to go riding today since i have the day off from work. I get off school at 12 (Senior year, only 4 easy classes, and already accepted to ASU school cant get much better than that.) Well i call up the guy and no anwer. No problem, he is probably eating lunch or driving from Carson City (where his shop is) to reno, and lost reception temporarly to drop off my Suspension. So i eat lunch, change in some fresh moto cloths that still have the lovely stench of gas, dirt, and sweet. Go outside and get my bike already to be put together, get gas, put in new oil, and get out the trailor. Its 1 a clock so i call again. Guess what. VOICEMAIL!!! I keep my cool, no probably, must be working on my stuff, at the exect moment i think. Cool, I think to my self, if he gets it done by 2 drives here by 230, i could probably get out to the track for atleast 45 mins or 1. Well 1:30 rolls around, no call. I call him again. No answer. So to pass the time i sign on Xbox Live to waste away my life some more on Halo 2. Well i dominate with my buddy, and get bored. Look at the time. 2:30. Call him again and guess what.................no answer. So no i am thinking you god damn mother [censored] piece of [censored] inbred slapped jawed hillbilly [censored] flake no good white trash. Im paying you 500 bucks and you cant even return my calls. Flames start to rise on my head and my phone rings. YES!!!.....wiat NO!!!! Its my friend "Hey bro where are you? The jumps are tight and the corners are decent"! Well i still keep calling and no word. So i have now wasted an entire day waiting for him to call me so i can go riding. It has been 2 months since i last touched my bike and raced. The past weeks have been crappy weather so it didnt bother me, but this week it is blue skies and about 50. I just wanna RIDE!!!! Well ill get off my soap box now. When i get it ill be sure to give him an ear full and demand a discount, cause not only im i waiting a obserd amount of time, im going to be running his stickers at all my local and out of state races. This better be some good shit!!!

No I am not bashing the quality of his services, 500 bucks is a good price considering it has new springs, fliuds, seals, and so on all included. BUt damn it i wanna ride!!!!

I was going to go with Factory Connection, but $170 for a revalve on the forks and another 170 for the shock, not included parts and fliuds, also you have to ship it out. Im a senior in high school and have a job a the mall. If i had the money, believe me i would have sent it there and gotten the works done to it, but this guys is also at my races and can help fine tune it.

That stinks man, i hope things turn out for the better in the long run for you. The weather has been really crappy here in NJ too, so not riding hasn't bothered me up until now, I'm starting to get that itch again. As for suspension, hopefully I'm going to be getting mine done by Kessler Pro Suspension (KPS), because there pretty local and there sworn by by alot of guys at my Honda shop, plus racers who race at Raceway Park, Atco, etc. Now, all I have to do is come up with a nice sum of cash or bribe my parents..lol

SOunds good. I have been saving all my crappy paychecks and holding on to every penny, well some went to beer, but hey i gotta do something. From lifting all those 24oz man cans by coors, my arms are sure in shape for riding!!!!

Save a little money= crappy service, and second rate work. Go FC or Enzo! Btw, Dark, your Avatar has been ordered to appear as a link in FULL size or your TT account will be immediately terminated. . . 😢

Are you kidding me? Like i said, im only pissed about the wait, the quality of his work is great.

I hear you on the price. It probably would have been another $175-200 from FC but local support will be nice for you.

ill be sending my suspension on my 250f this winter to FC the reason i picked them is because of good work and factory connection is at alsmost all of my DIST race so i can have them help me fine tun it to what ever i like.

anymore luck on calling the guy tho.??

mike

ill be sending my suspension on my 250f this winter to FC the reason i picked them is because of good work and factory connection is at alsmost all of my DIST race so i can have them help me fine tun it to what ever i like.

anymore luck on calling the guy tho.??

mike

you are from NJ. What tracks have you seen FC? I did not know they were in the area. That would be great because I am thinking of having them do mine.

all of the DIST34 tracks, they were there last year at almost everyrace.

dist34 tracks.

walden playboy

ace motocross

diamonback

southwoods

clavorack.

ive only seen them at walden ace diamonback clavorack.. but i think there trying to be at more races...

its great to have them there incase something breaks they can fix it on the spot..

mike.

Man learn to do your suspension yourself. It will save you alot of $$

all of the DIST34 tracks, they were there last year at almost everyrace.

dist34 tracks.

walden playboy

ace motocross

diamonback

southwoods

clavorack.

ive only seen them at walden ace diamonback clavorack.. but i think there trying to be at more races...

its great to have them there incase something breaks they can fix it on the spot..

mike.

Never went to dist. 34. Only dist. 6