Sign in to follow this  

'05 250F Airbox

I read in a magazine that the '05 airbox was what really gave the bike the extra power. I was wandering if the '05 airbox would fit into a '04 😢 Has anyone tried this and if so, what type of results. 😢

Don't always believe what you read in a magazine. I highly doubt if you changed airboxes you would feel anything but a lighter wallet.

If you read in a magazine that Hillary Clinton was finer than Pamela Anderson, I would know they were crazier than hell. 😢

This kind of like the airbox in my epinion. 😢

I read in a magazine that the '05 airbox was what really gave the bike the extra power.

Wow...that must have been a Dirt Rider comment. Idiots.

u never said what kind of bike it was for. you would feel a differace if you were a pro racer and rode ur bike 24-7. but other than that no u wouldnt be able to tell

It would be on a YZ250F. They said something about how the air was flowing through it like how a power now works

It would be on a YZ250F. They said something about how the air was flowing through it like how a power now works

Who is they? There are a lot of butt kissing mags. out there like Dirt Rider for example. I only read MXA's bikes tests from now on because they seem the least biased...

Spend your money on your suspension if you haven't done so already 😢

Althogh yamaha claims to have made all these internal engine adjustments and what not, im not so sure if they made much improvement as far as power goes. In one of the december motocross magazine there was like seven dirtbike reviews. for teh 250f, the guys said it felt like it lost some power. Who knows? if you want more power, get a hotcam. but like said earlier, set up your suspension and make yourself faster, rather than your bike.

No,,,,

There is some truth to what he speaks. I don't think it is the airbox so to speak but the rubber intake manifold is different with smoother air flow characteristics. (Or maybe I'm wrong and it IS the whole airbox. I'll check when I get home.)

Heath Voss claimed when he got the new air boot his bike was oh so much faster.

MXA tested the Yam 250F and while there were no mechanical changes to the motor itself, it did have more power and I believe they indicated that the air boot was part of it.

I could be wrong, but thats how I understood it. And yes I would be just as curious to know if the air boot from the '05 fo-fiddy fits my '03 fo-fiddy and if there is a noticeable difference. 😢

The 05 has smaller intake ports to speed up the flow of the mix coming in, that helps pack more punch in.

The boot between the airbox and the car has been reshaped to a more funnel type of shape. It will reduce lower rpm responsiveness, but in turn will aid in WOT airflow.

The big performance gains were from the reduction of the intake port.