Sign in to follow this  

05 TRX450R JET Question?

OK, I have a 05 TRX 450r and as far as motor and carb wise its stock for now and runs fine but my question is that im getting ready to order the Yoshimura TRS full Exhuast system, and Curtis sparks air filter charge kit, and was most likely going to order the JD jet kit to rejet it. What jetting as far as main jet and everything should I start with? im in temps around 70-80 and am 180 M above sea level. I have a 2002 CRF450 and installed the JD jet kit in it as well and love it but with the TRX I know these are really restricted from stock and the jetting really changes after you change the exhuast and filter. So please help me out with a starting point on what jets I will need to change.

Thank you!

Travis

We now have a jetting kit for the TRX450 Quad. It has all the parts needed and instructions. The airbox lid needs removal, or the rear 1/2 of it to flow more air. The jetting change is significant compared to the restrictive stock parts.

(Suggested retail is $49.95 for this kit, which has a single needle and selection of main jets. The online cart price is incorrect.)

Thanks,

James

Well James thank you and I do have the HRC kit ordered to install it so I will have the air box lid half off, plus the little T junction to the crank case breather won't be restricted. So The JD kit will have instructions on where my starting point with the jetting should be?

So far I have heard that the jetting should be

180-195 main

48 pilot (if air screw final adjustment is under 3 turns out)

50 Pilot (if air screw is over 3 turns out)

Air screw 2-3 turns out

Needle on 3rd or 4th clip (Hrc, Sparks, and Dyno jets) Would the JD needle be in the same spot?

So does this sound pretty close?

Thanks James 😢

If you're getting the HRC kit, use the HRC needle in the middle clip position with a #185 main jet. The HRC needle is a good combination with the open airbox.

(The JD kit is less expensive with nearly the same results by opening the airbox and open exhaust. The cam will help too, part #14110-NLZ-650)

James

I just put on a DMC Pro Comp full system exhaust, My engine and carb are still stock, what jet size is recommended and what else do I need to change in the carb. I live in southern California and occasionally ride Glamis

We now have a jetting kit for the TRX450 Quad. It has all the parts needed and instructions. The airbox lid needs removal, or the rear 1/2 of it to flow more air. The jetting change is significant compared to the restrictive stock parts.

(Suggested retail is $49.95 for this kit, which has a single needle and selection of main jets. The online cart price is incorrect.)

Thanks,

James

I have had a JD kits on my last two bikes and they have been great, I always put performace ex on them. I plan on leaving the stock ex on this quad, the kit will still help clear it out off idle and remove some of the hesitation or am I wasting time with out the ex.