Sign in to follow this  

What bike for me?

Must of been a million threads already about this 😢

But, i want the cheapest, lightest possible road legal trail/dirt bike, ultra reliable for road/commuting and hardcore dirt.

I currently own a DR650 modded for touring and light dirt, but need a secondary for the rough stuff, and commuting now and then.

First i considered the WR250F, but was told it isnt reliable at all for road mileage.

What are your recommendations?

Cheers.

i hear they are a tad heavy, i want light, very light 😢 though no lower than 250cc.

If you can dual sport a 2 stroke down there, that would be the way to go. Get a CR or YZ 250 and dual sport it. Cheap, easy to maintain, etc. GasGas has a pretty nice dualsport out too. Otherwise for hardcore dirt AND a production dualsport you're pretty much limited to a DRZ400S. Yes, it's heavy. But most dualsports are more designed for roads, paved or gravel or dirt. Not hardcore dirt riding. If you weren't looking for cheap, that would open up a few other areas to look.

DRZ's can be lightened up a good amount. Check out that forum.

But i heard you can get a 'YZ250WR' out there, which is a street legal 2-stroke trails bike...

also..if it is easy to change a title where you live... go buy the E version of the DRZ, it is like 30lbs lighter than the S version