Sign in to follow this  

Anybody ride in Henderson NV

I have been off the bike for about 3 months(stupid things keep breaking as i fix another). but anyways i should be back up and riding by mid jan and was wondering if there are any henderson riders or vegas riders willing to make the trip out here. from my house i can ride through the mountians to boulder city or out to the dry lake beds on the way to searchlight and laughlin.

I ride in that area 1-2 times per week and am always looking for someone to ride with. I don't have a set work schedule, so I can't ride the same days every week, but can often be available on short notice. PM me when your bike is ready!

Jay

by january i may be ready to head down that way. we're currently limited to the valleys and few sunny hillsides due to snow and ice, and 1 good storm will shut down riding for weeks or months. maybe in return for showing me around sometime, i could show you guys around the cool and breezy high country when it's 110 degrees down there this summer.

mw

Nelson Hills are one of my favorite riding areas, just went on a killer ride with Dave Hamel last Saturday. There are some cool trails around Boulder City, but recently it has become illegal (or just enforced now) to ride on some of the single track in the Valley because the dust harms the tortoise population. 😢 It's a $1000 fine. If an older guy in a blue-green Chevy pickup approaches you I would leave immediately. If you stick to the trails between Nelson Hills and Searchlight you won't have any problems, it's all legal out there. Beware of open mineshafts and waterfalls in some of the in some of the steeper valleys.