Sign in to follow this  

Will my klx250 survive?

Hey, im taking my 95' klx to an indoor supercross track and was wondering if there was anything i shouldnt do with it.(and i know its a trail bike, but the rest of the guys have mx'ers.) 😢 It has stock suspension but there on the highest settings (still very soft for me, even at 150lbs) Can this bike handle being jumped 15ft. in the air? What do you think would be the limit? I really dont want to bust anything because im just about to sell it. So am i safe? 😢 Thanks in advance.

Ha! Go for it if you can take the abuse! 😢 The suspension is not made for that. I'd be worried about bottoming out the suspension and stressing the frame. Remind me not to buy your used klx! 😢

I would inspect it pretty closely whenever you stop and take a break. I have heard of stress cracks on the frame by the fork neck.

Rip it up

I think it will be alright, i decided to keep the bike less than 5 feet from the ground. going right now--- later

Just got back. Worked great 😢 ....but, bottomed if i got more than 2ft. of air. 😢 Nothing broke on the bike but i got a purple toe nail. 😢

glad it all worked ... everyone keeps saying to get the suspension done on these KLX's first, as it makes a huge difference. I took mine to the best local suspension shop I could find and I am picking it up tomor. I am definately hoping for the best, as my 190 pound weight was definately rough on the 4 year old stock suspension.

i gave up motocross/supercross a few years back, but we all still need proper suspension. I will update this thread with exactly what was done and how it all works out for me. 😢