Las Vegas 12/27-12/29

I have to work then, but I can point you towards some good trails. Let me know if you're interested. If your staying at a hotel, I would definitely find a safer place to store your bike. The security in the parking garages in minimal.

As far as NYE is concerned, if you've never been on the Strip on NYE, it's something that everyone should experience at least once. They close off the street and it fills up will thousands of drunken tourists. Pretty crazy and chaotic. One of my favorite places to go that night is Tommy Rocker's. Its a bar just across the interstate from the Strip (just south of the Rio). The guy that owns it (Tommy) is also the house band. Always a great time.

Jerry

Im game... Just let me know what kind of trails we will be riding (Tight, open, dunes, etc) so I can decide which bike to bring. I have YZ450F and a CRF250X.

I will actually be there from christmas through new years, so Im open to ride any day except the 25th, the 30th and the 31st.

No chance I will be leaving my bike in any hotel.. Im staying at my mom's house near Vegas drive and Buffalo.

12many, I would love to ride that area you posted pictures of in the pic forum, how far out is that?

Im game... Just let me know what kind of trails we will be riding (Tight, open, dunes, etc) so I can decide which bike to bring. I have YZ450F and a CRF250X.

I will actually be there from christmas through new years, so Im open to ride any day except the 25th, the 30th and the 31st.

No chance I will be leaving my bike in any hotel.. Im staying at my mom's house near Vegas drive and Buffalo.

12many, I would love to ride that area you posted pictures of in the pic forum, how far out is that?

Wow. You're Mom's house is about 2 blocks from my Office and about 2 miles from my house. You are real close to the west side of town. There is some fun riding on the west side, but probably not as good as the Nelson area, from what I have heard. The place with the dunes pictures is about 70 miles from Vegas and but for the dunes there are good places that are closer.

I would like to ride with you all, but don't know if I can keep up. I am hell with the camera though. ??

Hey D. Patton I hope your travels are going well. I got the larger tank installed, but I don't think it make me any faster. Let me know if you want to ride but let's stay clear of Sandy Valley ??

Chad

You guys are killing me. I'm out auditing the rest of the year near Lake Mead and Buffalo. I really, really have to be at work on the 29th. But if you're going on either the 27th or 28th, I'll have to play hookie. Let me know what the plan is and I'll do my best to be there.

Either bike is fine to bring. If we go on a longer trail ride, I will be using my KLX 400 and if we go on the mountain trails I will use my CRF 450.

JERRY, I can ride any day

Chad, lets ride a few days while I am back if you can ride during the week a day or so. Big tank gives us a lot of possibilities.

E-mail me at dpatton711@aol.com

I'll ride the 27th or 28th, do you know the area to ride??

You guys are killing me. I'm out auditing the rest of the year near Lake Mead and Buffalo. I really, really have to be at work on the 29th. But if you're going on either the 27th or 28th, I'll have to play hookie. Let me know what the plan is and I'll do my best to be there.

Tell me what type of riding you're looking for. Single track, whoops, dirt roads, rocks, sandy washes, or wide open desert? Maybe a combination of two of these? It's a little too chilly in the mountains to do any tree riding. Let me know and I'll give you some options.

Jerry

Doesnt matter on what type we do, If it's going to be tight or technicial I'll bring my CRF250X, if it's going to be fairly open, sandy, flowing type of trails I'll bring my YZ450.. ? Just let me know what kind of riding youfeel like doing.

Tell me what type of riding you're looking for. Single track, whoops, dirt roads, rocks, sandy washes, or wide open desert? Maybe a combination of two of these? It's a little too chilly in the mountains to do any tree riding. Let me know and I'll give you some options.

Jerry

Bring your 450. I hate getting passed by people on 250's.

But seriously, here's two options: We can go west of town (Far Hills) and do some descent single track with lots of whoops, or go south of town (Nelson) where there's lots of good single track. You pick.

I'm riding a heavy ol' WR450, so you should be fine with either of your bikes.

Jerry

What's up gent's? I just had my baby boy!!!! Owen Hunter Morgan, 7lbs. 8oz. 19 1/2" long. We just got home from the hospital yesterday. I have been busy taking care of the wife and working so i have not been doing any riding. With that said it's been a while since I have been out and the wife should be well enough to handle things for a day so I can go riding after X-mas. I WANNA GO.

Just a quick update in case anyone needs to plan ahead:

Heckler and I will be riding at Nelson on Monday the 27th. Take the Nelson exit and go thru the gate by the first set of power lines. Go back about 1/2 mile to the staging area.

I'll post later on what time we'll be out there.

Jerry

Congrats to you Dan. I can't believe it has been that long since we rode.

If you guys ride Far Hills, let me know as I live there and can ride from the garage.

If you are going to do Nelson, I need a lift or have to ride the KLX400 as opposed to the CRF450.

Keep me updated. I am flying home on the 24th from Hawaii and should be home till New Years Day.

By the way, I bought a new 05 CRF for Hawaii today and take delivery when I get back in January. We will see how much better it is over the 04.