Sign in to follow this  

Budget motard!

Im now in converting my XR600 into a budget motard, what I meen with budget is that I will use wheels from a RR/road bike instead of real sm wheels.

The question is, from witch bike will the wheels fits best? It would have to be maximum 16 cm (6.4") over the "middle" of the rear rim (donno the english word for it...) Offcourse it should be 17" both rear and in the front. aout 110-120 tire in front, 150-160 rear.

Maybe any of you have something like this in the garage just collecting dust there? (shipping to sweden is a must) (offcourse expenssive shipping, but parts are rather expensive here...)

If you aren't a resonably skilled machinist with access to a mill or large lathe, it's not going to be worth it. Just stick some street tyres on your stock rims until you feel you need more.

I did the research, bought some street bike wheels on ebay, and it just isnt worth the hassle.

If you want to go down that path RGV rims are probably the best bet as they're about the right sizes for you (3.5" front, I believe 4.25" rear, both 17's). Haven't had to get spacers machined up myself, but I can't see that it'd be all that hard to get done, but then I haven't done a wheel conversion on a motard and I guess it's probably different that doing it on a road bike? Anyways, have a look around, best bet might be to try and find someone who is selling some already done up on ebay or in the local trading rags?