Back in Indiana!!

Well, after 8 long years of being away and bouncing around the country with the Air Force and my job I can finally say I am a Hoosier again!! I am living in Bloomington currently and would like to find some people to go riding with as well as find some nice places to ride (if their are any). Woo Hoo it's nice to be home!!!!

Welcome home!

Check out Central Indiana Trail Riders on YahooGroups. A bunch of us local yocals post up on there when we are heading out.

Lawerence County Rec Park is the closest place of any size to you. Probably 30-45 minutes away.

Haspin Acres is probably 1 1/2 from B'ton.

Stoney Lonesome is just west of Columbus....gotta be a member or guest of a member to ride there.

Been about a month since I've got out to ride....I need to go soon.

Unabiker,

Thanks for the info about tracks nearby. How difficult are the trails at Haspin or LCRP? The reason I ask is the fiancee has a TTR-125 and loves to ride but is still in the beginner/intermediate stages.

Do you know of any motocross tracks in this area that open for practice riding and not just racing? I remember someone telling me Mitchell's MX track was race only or so they thought. Thanks again.

Your wife could handle many of the Trails as Haspin. My friend takes his 7 yr. old there on her XR70. We go there quite a lot, We've also gone to Lawrence County but that was in the spring and the trails were messy so I can't comment. PM me if you want to go riding... ?

Lawerence County is a great place to take a beginner. Never too crowded. Variety of trails, but nothing too gnarly.

Haspin is OK, but there are some places where a beginner would not have a good time. They are normaly more crowded than Lawerence Co.

For motocross, you're probably looking at driving up to the indoor place at Ft. Wayne or the one over by Cincinati. The rumor mill has it that Knobby Hill in Noblesville will be back open next year, but it's all just talk right now.

Fastenuf4u-

I know of a nice track in central Illinois called "Sunset Ridge" ? It's really nice conditions, great layout with some rolling terrain ? The owner is really cool, they have rental days ? They let you camp out there for free if you stick around for the races the next day. ? It might be too far of a drive for you since your a Hoosier again ?

See where I'm going with this ?

Should have stayed in this area kid :D

Old LBZYZ426,

Yes, you do have your Sunset but I have peace and quiet out here in the "sticks" just the way I like it!!! No annoying neighbors, no hour long commutes to work (that should be 20-30 minutes) just peace and quiet. I may not have as many tracks as you but I have more trails and private land to ride on!!!

Be sure to stay in touch, I will be up at Sunset sometime this next year. Catch you then!