IA/IL Ride Thursday 12/23????

We get Thursday and Friday off next week, is anyone able to get out for a ride? I'd like to try Buffalo Range or maybe Keithsburg if they are open. Or Solon, Bluff Creek, anywhere within a couple hours of the Quad Cities. Anyone? Helloooo, is this thing on??? ???

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt, high of 7 today. That's a bit nippy. Well it's nice and warm in the shop so I tore the rear off my yz apart to regrease everything, then I'll do the front end today. I guess they're talking back in the 40's next week though.

Waterman Indoor has added a great indoor tent along with a nice space heater that is perfect for staying warm during sessions out on the track. Was there last week when it was near 10 degrees out. Once inside, it wasn't too bad. Did have to warm the bike up in the tent first to get it started. Better than spending the winter only reading mags and watching speed channel.

John

Matt:

Tom goes to RCR frequently - I'm sure you'd know him. He & I ride together.

We both have WR400F's. We ride the Rock, sometimes at Wedron, & we also went to the Cliffs, east of Marseilles on Rt 6, once, but it was muddy down in the woods so we didn't venture too far in. We'll try it again this spring.

We went to St. Joe's State park in Missouri - about 80-90 miles south of St. Louis - it was a really good ride. Also tried Michigan, up by Cadillac - the trails were great in a couple of the areas and whooped out in another, but long trail loops - lots of fun!

what do you ride? email us this spring and maybe we can meet up.

trowlee@yahoo.com or jrp412@yahoo.com.

John - oldfart400

• 8 months later...