Sign in to follow this  

12-18 Winter Combat

I was just pinging to see if anyone was planning to try it again. I know how much of a challenge, as well as fun, the last race was. I am crossing my fingers in hopes of keeping myself on two wheels this time.

By-the-way, the race results are on the Aztec webpage now.

Merf, I didn't see your name, didn't you race 30+ ? Flash was there too...right, but I don't know his name. 😢

Last race was a blast except for the full gate starts and the "all big bike" practice!

I'll be there Saturday. They had my name misspelled on the results- Just look for number 689 in the 30+ novice class and I'm listed under Ken Murray from Sedalia.

(Don't know &%$#@! they came up with that!)

Flash was 6th in 30+

See ya Saturday! I think Dawg is coming too... BD is AWOL ... haven't heard from Mr Simpson or Flash.

Merf

Well, aren't you the modest one. You took that class to school! Nice job Merf.

Ya' know, I have no idea why we couldn't, in two motos, get through the first turn. I am not the career racer, but I know that first turn wrecks aren't too uncommon, but we seemed to make it a guarantee. I think you and FLASH had it right, wait for it to unfold and hit the inside. Maybe they learned something from that last race? Smaller moto's? Better classification of the riders? Who knows?

Tom,

I hope to meet you. Merf know's me and if he races, we'll get in touch. Good luck to you!

Jim

Hey Guys,

Have fun out there ripping it up!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

Flash

Well, I could have had a better time, but all in all, it was a successfull day. Sprocket came loose and resulted in a broken hub on the first lap of practice. Jetted home and snagged the WR and made the 2nd moto. Crashed twice by washing out the front end. Found on Sunday that I had a slow leak in the front tire. (Checked it before the race, but I think it leaked down and made for really bad and unpredictable traction)

Went back out on Sunday and roosted with some buds. Got to see Endurodog take a pretty high speed digger. Got some helmet cam footage and made it through the weekend without any broken bones so it was successfull!

It was great to see all of you again. Gonna miss the 1/8 round as I plan on being at Anaheim I to check all the action!

L8r,

Merf

Bummer on the hub Merf, I know how that feels $$$, lost one on the 520. Good to hear you were fortunate enough to do the 2nd moto, gotta be rough switching bikes though as far as handling expectations.

I am sorry about that hub too Merf...I am glad you were able to ride. How did Dog endup after the wreck. I should have stopped over to y'alls mobile race shop before I left...oops.

I had a great day...I got throught the first turn (clean) on both moto's...write it down!

They had some scoring issues with his number... there were 2 "X1"s and one "1X" on the track at the same time. They had him scored 1-5 for 3rd OA.

Got the hub ordered before I even left the track. Should be in by Thursday. That should give me the holiday break to get it relaced and trued.

Congrats on getting through the melee' cleanly this time!

Merf

Hey guys,

It was a great day of racing. Get that hub fixed Merf! I wish I was going to Anaheim but I'll just have to be happy racing. Have a safe trip. 😢

Tom

Merf,

Just got back to town. Sorry to hear bout your shredded hub. Did you get 'er fixed yet?

I'm gonna try to hit the track Sun (12/26) if its not too soupy. How much snow did you get at your place? We got 3-4" over here.

BD

Yo BD,

How was Sunday? The weather looked stellar.

Got the hub relaced and ready to go. Looking to go riding on Thursday if you're off work and ready to roost.

PS, any you other Colo Spgs guys up for coming out?

Merf

Merf,

Didn't make it Sunday got tied up with other stuff.

I'm a slavin away this week. Might be able to get out Thurs at 2 or so. Not much chance of earlier than that thou. Weather might not cooperate. We'll see.

Gonna see if I can get everyone to shift to Friday. Thursday is looking a little sketchy!

Can you make it then?

Merf