Off idle bog after adjustment

I shimmed my valves and brought them all close to the loose end of the specs, as suggested here , and I rode the bike yesterday and it has a slight off ildle bog now. Does my adjustment have anything to do with that? It just seems to run different and was wondering if it is because I did something wrong or if it is all in my head. My clearances were .003 R Intake 285 shim/new clearance .007 with 275 shim...L Intake was .004 w/285 shim/new .007 with 280 shim....R exhaust was .007 with 315 shim/new is .012 w/305 shim....L exhaust was .008 w/315 shim/new is .011 w/310 shim. Any thoughts? Timing off?? It is an '04E with about 20 hours on it, and those initial clearances were exactly the same at 5, 10, 15 and 20 hour checks.

I shimmed my valves and brought them all close to the loose end of the specs, as suggested here , and I rode the bike yesterday and it has a slight off ildle bog now. Does my adjustment have anything to do with that? It just seems to run different and was wondering if it is because I did something wrong or if it is all in my head. My clearances were .003 R Intake 285 shim/new clearance .007 with 275 shim...L Intake was .004 w/285 shim/new .007 with 280 shim....R exhaust was .007 with 315 shim/new is .012 w/305 shim....L exhaust was .008 w/315 shim/new is .011 w/310 shim. Any thoughts? Timing off?? It is an '04E with about 20 hours on it, and those initial clearances were exactly the same at 5, 10, 15 and 20 hour checks.

are you sure your accurate on your clearances? For a bike with 20 hrs on it.

I am not sure how many hrs my bike has but I know that I have 180 miles of all dirt on it, and I checked mine at 50-100 and currently going to shim.

every check I have been at .004 intakes(both) and .009 exhaust(both)

I did put shime in my intakes last week, went from a 275 to a 265 which took me to a .008, each .5mm is .002 thou.

Well , Bronco suggested that I stay around mid spec. and that I should go tighter on my intakes, so I went and got two 270 shims and I will put those in Sat. That will take me to a .006 on my intakes.

I also got some 310 shims for my exhaust which were at .009 with a 312 shim

the 310 should bring me to a .010.

What I dont understand is that you say you check them at 5, 10,15,and 20.hrs

Either you have problems or Suzuki set your valve clearances out of spec. being that you were at a.003 on your right intakes at 5 hrs also your right exhaust was under also at .007 thou.

My have not receded at all, I just want to get them in mid spec just in case the may, being that I wont check them again for awhile.

I checked them at five fours and the right side on both were tight. So I have been checking them every five hours or so to see if there were any changes and they pretty much stayed right there. So yeah it came out of the box a wee bit tight, that is why I waited to shim into the loose end of the spec. The shim kit I got only has .005 mm increments. Now it is at the suspension shop getting springs and valve work, so my plan is to put a few more hours on it and check the clearances one more time and then I think I will check every 20 hours or so. I was just wondering if my bog had anything to do with loosening the valves up and if I need to make sure all of the vavles have exactly the same clearances. All of my numbers from the original were in inches. Thanks for the help

are you sure your accurate on your clearances? For a bike with 20 hrs on it.

I am not sure how many hrs my bike has but I know that I have 180 miles of all dirt on it, and I checked mine at 50-100 and currently going to shim.

every check I have been at .004 intakes(both) and .009 exhaust(both)

I did put shime in my intakes last week, went from a 275 to a 265 which took me to a .008, each .5mm is .002 thou.

Well , Bronco suggested that I stay around mid spec. and that I should go tighter on my intakes, so I went and got two 270 shims and I will put those in Sat. That will take me to a .006 on my intakes.

I also got some 310 shims for my exhaust which were at .009 with a 312 shim

the 310 should bring me to a .010.

What I dont understand is that you say you check them at 5, 10,15,and 20.hrs

Either you have problems or Suzuki set your valve clearances out of spec. being that you were at a.003 on your right intakes at 5 hrs also your right exhaust was under also at .007 thou.

My have not receded at all, I just want to get them in mid spec just in case the may, being that I wont check them again for awhile.

Whoa, there,, I said tighter on the intakes????????

The intakes can be right up to the loose end of the spec,, just not over

?

As can the exhausts. ?

I also said,, there are other opinions on what works best.

Read the instructions that come with Hot Cams, and you will see a different opinion on clearances.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206408

Well than I most of read this post wrong than, Thanks ?

Ok yes I said

.008 on the intake is just a hair looser then the far end of the spec.... My gut feeling is you'll be ok,, but my preference and what I would do,, is bring it in just a bit. Loose end of the spec is good,, but like all things too much of a good thing is bad. At 10,000 crank RPMs,, them cam lobes are pounding on the buckets pretty hard and fast,, if the clearances are too loose,, thats hard on equipment.

But when You just posted I said

Bronco suggested that I stay around mid spec. and that I should go tighter on my intakes

that is out of context with the REST of my previous statement ?

Intakes at the loose end of the spec,, but not over...... that is my recommendation,, ?