Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust Cam and Base gasket

I want to install a "E" exhaust cam and base gasket. Is it the gasket between the head and the cylinder?? Or the gasket between the cylinder and the case? Dose anyone have a PN# for it? I am aready have the Hot Cams intake cam. Will I find a improvement with the ex cam and base gasket??

I want to install a "E" exhaust cam and base gasket. Is it the gasket between the head and the cylinder?? Or the gasket between the cylinder and the case? Dose anyone have a PN# for it? I am aready have the Hot Cams intake cam. Will I find a improvement with the ex cam and base gasket??

Its the gasket between the cylinder and the case. I have not done mine yet, but my understanding is there is a bit of improvment from doing this mod. Part numbers:

E Base Gasket - 11241-29F00

You will also need:

Head Gasket - 11141-29F01 and most recommend new rings at the same time which is 12140-29F00.

--Jeff

Its the gasket between the cylinder and the case. I have not done mine yet, but my understanding is there is a bit of improvment from doing this mod. Part numbers:

E Base Gasket - 11241-29F00

You will also need:

Head Gasket - 11141-29F01 and most recommend new rings at the same time which is 12140-29F00.

--Jeff

If just doing the Base gasket, and no other changes.. I doubt you will feel any improvement,, as with all things DRZ,, it's not the effect of the individual mods.. it's the combined package that makes it feel different.

Additionally.. you really should be replacing rings, when doing the Base gasket.. so add those to your parts list.

Additionally.. you really should be replacing rings, when doing the Base gasket..

Just curious, if you replace the rings, shouldn't you get the cylinder bored at the same time? If you don't, will the rings be able to seat properly? I thought there were suppose to be cross hatches on the cylinder wall that were important to the break in of the rings 😢