Sign in to follow this  

CA DRZ400E vs 49 STATE DRZ-E: Is there a gasket difference?

Ok, so someone is trying to shove me some BS about my California E model having the same base gasket as the regular S models (thicker). Does anyone know this to be true? I thought all the E model gaskets were the same (thin), the S all the same (thicker)...and the only difference between the California E and the others is the carburetor (Cali gets the Mikuni BSR36, everyone else the Keihin FCR39)

Does anyone know the key differences between the bikes? 😢

I don't know for sure, but I thought I read that CA E has basically an S motor 😢

Thanks for the great info everyone! Yeah, my choice to live here, but not my choice to have an bunch of loons run the house 😢

Yes,, if you have a 04-05 CA E,, you have the S motor,, almost exclusively.. Sorry,, but it was your decision to live there 😢

what about the 03 e, mine came with a green sticker, I am in NC

Base gasket - The brass rivet (if there is one) is at the left front corner between the cylinder and the crankcase. "S" gasket is 3 ply and has the rivet. "E" gasket is 1 ply and no rivet. All use the same head gasket (3 ply).

CA "E" gets the Mikuni CV carb and unique cams. Cams seem to be 1/2 way between "S" and "E" cams. There may be other differences as well, but that is all I know about.

What about it 😢 This post is about California bikes.. as yours is a NC one.. Nothing here applies 😢

I was just wondering if green sticker meant it was CA.

There must be a differance in a green sticker CA and green sticker any other. That is what I meant. 😢😢 dam touchy today are we?

Remember some of are learning and dont know what you know. 😢

I was just wondering if green sticker meant it was CA.

There must be a differance in a green sticker CA and green sticker any other. That is what I meant.🤣😢 dam touchy today are we?

Remember some of are learning and dont know what you know.🤣

Not touchy,, just busy...

😢 At work, plus 60 some odd posts today, 30 some odd Pm's answering questions,, and another few for MOD stuff....

The post was about California bikes,,,and their equipment

😢

You asked about your NC bike? The simple reply was ,, what I posted 😢

So to answer your question in a non touchy mannor :D

I have no idea what your green sticker means, looks like or has to do with what came on your bike.. Nor do I know if it has any relevance to the green sticker registration system CA has. 😢

Thanks, did not realize you do all that on this site,sorry! That is the only thing I hate about communicating on line, you have no emotions,tone of voice, or expressions to go off of as you would person to person.

No need to respond Bronco.