Sign in to follow this  

Charlotte, NC

Hotlanta, Ga

close enough?

Hey fiep, did you read that I'm moving to New Orleans? :D Thats not THAT far from Atlanta, is it?? 🤣 I'd love to get together & ride with you some day, I have a feeling I could learn a few things! 😢😢😢😢😢

Spent four years at Fort Bragg, NC. If I didn't live in SoCal I would probably live in NC, it is a beautiful state with so many things to do. I loved the Outer Banks, great surfing and fishing. The mountains were sweet too, Asheville was gorgeous.

I loved those sweet Carolina girls with their hot Southern accents too. Ahhhh youth!

Hey fiep, did you read that I'm moving to New Orleans?

have not been reading here much lately, l2f, am on GOR or CRF's mostly

New Orleans is about 500miles from here

yes, I'd love to ride with you, too

maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle? 😢

never checked for places that direction, but there is one I want to go to just north of B'ham, the Ridge

when will you move?

do you ride in chilly weather, too?

looking foreward, girl 😢

Well look who is back!!!We joined the ridge a mo. ago!15 mins from our house (life is good!)It is coming along nicely.They want it to be a mini durhamtown.

There is not too much land that belongs to them,but it backs up to 5000 acres that they (we) can ride!Nice ppl to boot.

auf wiedersehen

Hey fiep, did you read that I'm moving to New Orleans? 😢 Thats not THAT far from Atlanta, is it?? 😢 I'd love to get together & ride with you some day, I have a feeling I could learn a few things! 😢😢😢🤣:D

Why in God's name are you moving there???? I lived there for 4 years and hated every MINUTE of it! I loved my friends and the food, but I HATE the area! I can hook you up with some friends of mine to go ride with! Where ya living?

Oh and I am in TX but my husband is from Charlotte.

have not been reading here much lately, l2f, am on GOR or CRF's mostly

New Orleans is about 500miles from here

yes, I'd love to ride with you, too

maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle? 😢

never checked for places that direction, but there is one I want to go to just north of B'ham, the Ridge

when will you move?

do you ride in chilly weather, too?

looking foreward, girl 😢

I should be arriving December 27th... its looking like we'll be hooking up with KimYZ250F at the grand opening of the mx park River's Edge for the 31st, yahoo!! And I'd love to ride the Ridge, that sounds excellent! A three day weekend is very doable!

I'll ride in chilly weather, its just a matter of layering properly 😢 although I need to get some better rain gear for the wet stuff, last time I rode in cold AND rain/snow, and managed for one ride but after that my gloves were soaked and my hands were FREEZING! 😢

Why in God's name are you moving there???? I lived there for 4 years and hated every MINUTE of it! I loved my friends and the food, but I HATE the area! I can hook you up with some friends of mine to go ride with! Where ya living?

Oh and I am in TX but my husband is from Charlotte.

😢 Gee, I'm so looking forward to it! 😢

Seriously, I'm keeping an open mind... I know a lot of New Orleans I might not care for (for example, I'm not a big drinker... yeah, 'nuff said! 😢 ) and crime's pretty high... BUT, I get to be with MY Chief 🤣 , he's in the Navy and we've decided to make a go of it, and thats where he is, so, thats where I go! 😢

Can't be all bad... KimYZ250F has told me there are ELEVEN mx tracks in 2 & 1/2 hours, and 3 within 45 minutes, so I know where I'll be... asleep at 10, up at 7 and on my way to the track, just like here in So Cal! 😢

L2F, best of luck on your move and good on ya for following your heart. The south is VERY different from Cal, I spent several years in Southern states while in the Military and loved it!!! The red dirt/clay takes some elbow grease to get off of your equipment, but the different riding areas are a treat and vastly different from our state. Keep your mind open to new stuff and you will do fine, there are great adventures everywhere and awesome people too, the differences can be exciting if you are open to them. Good luck again and enjoy the change, sounds like the Chief is a lucky guy!

I should be arriving December 27th... And I'd love to ride the Ridge, that sounds excellent! A three day weekend is very doable!

if I get off Jan 15 we'll be riding there 15/16, we have concert tickets for B'ham on the 14th ...

but if the weather gets too nasty, you know wet-cold, I'll back out, my bones are getting old 😢

it was snowing last Sunday, when we were riding near Dahlonega, but it was not wet, had a lot of fun

and you are still young, we have all year to ride together 😢