Sign in to follow this  

Rear wheel arrives!!!! 1/2 done 'Tard...Pics

😢 My Rear wheel assembly arrived today...... The install went well, and looks great. The only problem was that the rotor was the wrong one (Wave for an RM 250), so I had to remove it and install the stocker 😢 I called Jeff at ECW, and he is gonna rush me the right one.... 😢

The assembly is a beautiful thing.....NO rub with a 160 Distanzia. 41 tooth JT steel sprocket...nice job Jeff🤣

I couldn't stand it so I took the bike for a ride with the 17 rear and the 21 front..... 😢 Wheelies are VERY easy...and it does not seem to be screaming so bad in 5th on the hiway....14/41 might be just right. I can't say that I would suggest riding in that configuration, as it felt pretty strange 😢. I decided no more rides until the front gets here.

Now for the pics of my half-baked KLXSM.....

Side View

Rear View...My Fave!

Funny-lookin' View

More to come, as work progresses.....

Looks 1/2 cool. Are those race tires or just street? You going to keep your Dirt wheels or get rid of them to finance the new? 😢

Just street...Too old and busted up to race anymore... 😢 I'm planning to put some knobbies on, in case I decide to go Offroading. 😢

Looks great. You excitement is the best part. By the way, wash that thing, its filthy. 😢

Looks great. You excitement is the best part. By the way, wash that thing, its filthy. 🤣

It's a STREETBIKE...Dammit... :D :D 🤣:D

I'm gonna have to get another DIRT bike, so you guys will stop with the clean jokes.... 😢😢 Either that or dump a bucket of mud all over it..... 😢😢😢

I'm not much into the supermotard thing but that rear wheel looks cool! 😢

Are you planning to remove any of the unnessacarry stuff? Like the chain guard and passenger pegs?

I'm not much into the supermotard thing but that rear wheel looks cool! 😢

Are you planning to remove any of the unnessacarry stuff? Like the chain guard and passenger pegs?

Thinking about the chain guard...But my step-son says the Passenger pegs gotta stay.....I use them on the road for another place to put my feet too. 😢

I see you drilled that countershaft sprocket cover. It looks good. Tell me about how you did it.

I kind of like the chopper look. Get a 21" chrome front spinner rim and some apehangers. 😢 At least by tomorrow you'll be all the way to the dark side. 😢 Let us know how those tires work, looks cool so far.

I was wondering, did ECW have to offset your rear wheel any for the 160 tire? If so do you know how much? I bought my bike used with both sets of wheels and the Continental SM 160 rubs the chain slightly on mine. There is about a 1/8 to 1/4 gap when it is sitting still. I'm trying to decide whether to send it off to get fixed or try it myself and risked turning my Excel rim into an expensive piece of garage decor.

Looks Great 😢 Looking forward to seeing the other half! You're going to want an SM front fender as soon as you see the SM front mounted, may I suggest black. It would look really good on your bike. Oh, by the way, I like clean bikes too! It's ok to wash the dirt off once in awhile! 😢

I see you drilled that countershaft sprocket cover. It looks good. Tell me about how you did it.

Eyeballed it with a drill, and then slightly beveled the edges of each hole with a dremel and a conical stone..... 😢

I kind of like the chopper look. Get a 21" chrome front spinner rim and some apehangers. 😢 At least by tomorrow you'll be all the way to the dark side. 😢 Let us know how those tires work, looks cool so far.

I was wondering, did ECW have to offset your rear wheel any for the 160 tire? If so do you know how much? I bought my bike used with both sets of wheels and the Continental SM 160 rubs the chain slightly on mine. There is about a 1/8 to 1/4 gap when it is sitting still. I'm trying to decide whether to send it off to get fixed or try it myself and risked turning my Excel rim into an expensive piece of garage decor.

Yes, the wheel is offset slightly. Jeff told me the specs on it but I can't remember. He said that he builds all the DRZ wheels that way now. He also said that if there IS a little rub, the chain will wear off what it needs to and quit, and not to worry about it.

The 160 IS a bunch of tire to be cramming in that swingarm....but it looks cool! 😢😢

Looks Great 😢 Looking forward to seeing the other half! You're going to want an SM front fender as soon as you see the SM front mounted, may I suggest black. It would look really good on your bike. Oh, by the way, I like clean bikes too! It's ok to wash the dirt off once in awhile! 😢

Got a GREEN Acerbis SM fender in the box with the front wheel..... 😢 Which, by the way, just checked into Doraville, Ga..... 😢😢

Rear wheel looks great.

That read chain guard ruins the overall picture for me tho..ugly as sin. Would look much better if you could see the whole gold chain.

If you do it take more pics!!

(Just my 2c)

man you are getting torchered right to the end. one wheel arrives before the other! at least you will have the front tommorow before the weekend. are those tires pretty sticky? post photos when you get your front wheel tommorow. looking good! 😢

Rear wheel looks great.

That read chain guard ruins the overall picture for me tho..ugly as sin. Would look much better if you could see the whole gold chain.

If you do it take more pics!!

(Just my 2c)

I agree wholeheartedly, the guard looks much worse with the black wheel. Time for a new thread....