Sign in to follow this  

2005 DR650 corbin?

Within the next month or so I hope to buy a new DR650. I've done a ton of reading here and truly thank everyone!

Seems the stock seat is an issue. I've ridden my friend's 04 DR650 and yes the seat is a 2X4! The gel seat vs Corbin has been discussed but Corbin's website shows a seat for only the 03 and older. Shouldn't it fit on the 2005? What changed? Thanks.

I don't think anything has changed, but I don't know positively. I have the Suzuki gel seat, it is a major improvement over the stock seat. I am thinking of going to the IMS tank which requires a Corbin, so I will watch for comments. 😢

Thanks...maybe I'll wait and try the gel seat first. I like the fact that it's a little lower. I read that the gel seat wasn't any better than the stock. Glad to hear someone say it is better!

Go corbin. my DR is 2004, almost identical to the 05. corbin fit no problem, and they constantly warned me it wouldnt.

i have the gel seat, and while it is an improvement over stock, it is not what i expected. i don't think it is much softer but it is wider by about 1 to 1 1/2 inches which imo is the reason why it is more comfy. i am good for about 200 miles and then i can't wait to get off. i then have to rotate and sit on my leg.

I have a question on the Corbin which fit the dr650 2004. Did it fit with the stock tank or the aftermarket plastic tank? Last time I followed one of the seat threads I thought the concensus was that the Corbin only fit with the plastic tank. I would love to get a Corbin on my 650 but I don't need the extra fuel capacity and would rather not spend the $ for the big (insert your adjective here as I don't want to go there) tank.

The IMS tank does NOT require a corbin. I have a '00 dr650 and I have the stock tank, Ims tank, stock seat, and corbin. I've tried the combinations and the stock seat works perfectly with the IMS tank. The corbin seat won't look right with the stock tank because of the gap. The corbin and IMS fit like a glove together.

Thanks for all the feedback. I also don't really need a bigger tank. For those rides I'll take the Concours. I just want a little more comfort while playing in the dirt. I'm going to try the gel first.

Yater has it right for the '04 as well. Corbin is oddly wide, even dished a little, but good for all day. Fits IMS perfectly; leaves a one-inch gap to the stock tank. IMS makes for about 250 mile range....

It doesn't matter what seat you get, you HAVE TO MOVE AROUND ON IT. Don't LET your arse get sore in the first place. move around on the seat before it happens. I sometimes sit right on the back seat. Or I put my feet up on the passenger pegs. If it all gets too much get off the bike and have a rest. Don't let it get to that stage and your arse will go the distance.

As for corbin seats. It says on their website that they only go to 2003 with the dr650 and I've emailed them and patiently awaited a return which said "yeh we don't make seats for 2004 bikes only up the 2003" - I wasn't sure if this was because 2003 was when they last updated their website or there was an actuall fitting problem with 2004 bikes.

Duct tape a pillow to the seat. The Gel seat makes the sitting position 1inch lower than the stock seat.

Why did you buy a dual sport bike?