No Babes, Just Ride Pics

My buddy backed out on the last day, so it was just me and the KLX (DRZ.) to the Northwest of Vegas. We headed from Amagorsa Junction to Chloride Cliffs, which I think is now part of DV. 100 miles total with about 5 miles on the highway. The bike did great in true dual sport effort. Could used a bit less weight and a bit more skill on the dunes, but it was the first real sand riding.

This is Big Dune, between the junction and the cliffs.

PC110004_v2Web.jpg

The sun was still coming up and the weather was great.

PC110012_v2Web.jpg

The deep tracks in the next picture that look like plow lines are mine. With me and the bike at over 560 lbs, we had our hands full. I was the only one with a plate and without a paddle. Worked great in the fresh sand but once in the powdered stuff that was powdered by the quads it had a hard time getting a grip.

PC110007Web.jpg

In honor of Dakar Rally, I traversed through the dunes.

PC110009Web.jpg

PC110011Web.jpg

Now then, onward to Chloride Cliffs, an old mining spot.

PC110019_v2Web.jpg

PC110020Web.jpg

I had lunch with Old Man McKay, but he did not say much.

PC110030Web.jpg

House for rent, . . Cheap. --- Includes mine shaft.

PC110029Web.jpg

PC110031Web.jpg

This is looking west toward leadville and titus canyon

PC110022Web.jpg

And this is down into death valley and toward badwater in California

PC110027Web.jpg

This is one the way back, an FAA radar or beacon. It made an erie humming sound. ? I did not stay long.

PC120039Web.jpg

This is one the way back. I finally found a good road as I had to ride up a wash to find the road to the cliffs. Anyway, was thinking I should pick up the pace into the 60's but decided to keep it about 45-50 mph.

PC120040Web.jpg

This was about one mile down the road. ? Ride safe.

PC120041Web.jpg

Great day, Temps in the low 60's.

Thanks.

I prefer to say on the roads/trails/washes cause if everybody free road the place would like like hell. I did have to ride cross-country this ride though cause a trail I was one just slowly faded way. I have GPS, so I had to cross country over to the next trail.

It's all good.

Awesome pics, makes me jealous living in NW Ohio where the biggest hill is next to an interstate overpass. BTW, the big bowling pin thing is a VOR transmitter. It sends out a radio signal aircraft can tune to for navigation. So you didn't get fried by any weird radiation. ?

The road pictured above sure looks like an old railroad grade - straight as an arrow and raised. Most roads are plowed into the terrain. Any time you get on one of them you have to watch out for washout s like the one pictured and for missing bridges. People stole the wood and left big gaps.

Neat photos, thanks for sharing them. Hubby and I come out to your part of the country each year. He hikes and I have always ridden my mountain bike. Last April we stood at almost that spot looking down into DV. I have now "graduated" into real riding with my first bike a Suzuki DRZ250. I'm in heaven. When we head back out in February I guess I'm going to have to look for rental gear.......What fun