Sign in to follow this  

Anyone CRF250 rider want to swap to heavier CRF450 springs???

Hi all,

I am having my suspention revalved and they are recomending softer springs front and rear ($200). They said that the CRF250 has the softer spring rate for my wieght. any one on the 250 wieghing 170 to 200lbs should have the heavier spring rate that is in the 450. I'm looking for someone who is willing to trade front and rear springs with me. I live in San Jose, CA but am willing to ship.

CRF450R has:

.47 front

5.5 rear

CRF250R has:

.45 front

5.0 rear

The X models have lighter rates, but I'm not sure what they are.

My bad on the spec. I got it from a suspention web site, not the manual or honda. This may be more trouble than its worth. Do you know if you can remove the fork springs without replacing the oil and just how hard is it to remove them. I've only disassembled conventional style ones.

My bad on the spec. I got it from a suspention web site, not the manual or honda. This may be more trouble than its worth. Do you know if you can remove the fork springs without replacing the oil and just how hard is it to remove them. I've only disassembled conventional style ones.

If you're removing your springs, you definitely want to change your fork oil while you're in there. Oil will cost you about $5.00 and if you've never done it, you need to.

I have the stock springs used for 1 ride before I changed them. My son is over 200 pounds and could use some heavier springs on his CRF250R. I am in Texas