Sign in to follow this  

Prescott riders?

Okay, I've seen some people on here from Prescott and gotten a PM from one person. I'm moving to PV off 89A near Viewpoint but on the opposite side of the highway from the Viewpoint housing on Dec 27 or 28th or around then, beginning of that week. I currently don't have a truck to haul my bike to the riding areas but that will be priority #1 once I get moved in and rolling up there. I sold my Explorer a while back and haven't bought it's replacement yet. It's funny having a Honda Accord along with a trailer and a reciever hauler... LOL, lots of good the Honda does with those!!! 😢 I start my job Jan 3rd up in Chino Valley. Anyways, I'm hoping I can get together with a group of decent riders to show me some trails and ride with so I'm not out solo all the time.

Also, anyone know the good thing to do New Years eve? I'll be solo up there not knowing anyone so I'm guessing I'll probably just hit up the downtown Prescott area and get a taxi home... Ouch, that's probably an expensive ride!!!

Ouch, that's probably an expensive ride!!!

Not nearly as expensive as a DUI!... I bet its acutally not too bad... Whiskey Row in Precott should be going off,... maybe just book a room in town walking distance, it might not be much more than the to/from taxi... Plus you will have someplace to go if you hook up with one of the strays from Cali who are all over that place....

Plus you will have someplace to go if you hook up with one of the strays from Cali who are all over that place....

Wouldn't have a problem with that being I'm basically a stray from Cali myself that's looking to become perminant...

There are quite a few places to ride in the Prescott area. You can hook up with guys easier on this site:

AZTT

I don't know what type of riding you do but there is plenty of rocky single-track to choose from, as well as fire roads.

Most guys in the area just get a plate for thier bike. It is easy to do and you can just ride to your trails. Just don't be the Jack-0ff that goes blazing all over town on a loud dirtbike and ruins it for everyone else.

😢

sirhk,

What kind of bike do you have?

I live in paulden.

Have about 150 miles of trail out my back door.

Where are you going to work?

Im old and don't drink. Staying home New Years eve.

Shoot me a PM when you get settled in.

My grandson rides and lives in Prescott Valley.

Maybe get a ride from him??

Corky 😢😢

Theres a lot of people in Prescott. Lots of riding around Camp Wood, Wolf Creek, and Mayer. Im going to sell my WR soon and get a new trials bike, but I love doing real hard singletrack on the trials bike. AZTT has a lot of Singletrack guys.

Theres also a trail guide on RA: RA

Also check out the Prescott trail riders club:PTR

I've emailed a guy from Prescott Trail Riders and will be getting in touch with him once I get out there in a couple weeks.

Also, I checked out AZTT when I moved to Parker and didn't have much luck with it. I'll have to check it out for Prescott riders.

As for type of riding. About 1% track the rest has always been desert and trail riding. Rocks are definately abundant where I raced in D37 and out here in Parker where I'm currently living. I just did a 70 mile loop this morning out my front door!!!

I'm going to be renting a place out in PV off 89A out near Viewpoint but on the opposite side of the highway from the actual viewpoint community. I got a job working for a company up on the north end of Chino Valley so a ride after work in Paulden once I get a truck would be easy. I think I'm off at 3:30...

Yeah, my plan is to plate my bike ASAP along with all my vehicles. My license and everything is still Cali. I want to at least get lights on the bike first. Oh btw, it's a CRF450 all setup for desert. Might be geared a little tall for forest depending on how techincal the area is...

Thanks for the info...

Khris

Well I'm out here. Been here for about 2 weeks now. I still don't have a tow vehicle for the bike but I'm test driving something this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have something soon!!! I'm going to post on the AZTT forum but are there any rides going on soon that I can plan on? I'm hoping a friend of mine comes up next weekend from San Diego, he'll bring my tools and most importantly my jetting kit cause I took the bike around the block yesterday and talk about popping on decel!!!

Khris