Sign in to follow this  

What evger happened to Thunder Alley?

Back when I had my 02, everyone RAVED about the Thunder Alley pipe, much they are doing now with Jemco. Whatever happened to them? I see they are making a "Windham" bend low boy header now. Is anyone still using it? Buying new? Any feedback????

For a rider with a stock engine that wants more low end, the TA is the bomb! Huge low end gains but not much mid or top (although it really doesn't lose either). The TA should be called the "short shifters pipe of the year" because it does so with aplomb!

Jemco offers some nice gains in over-rev and such, especially on a modified engine that needs to breathe up high....as does the CHM SM1.

It's like flavor of the month around here on pipes... 😢

With all the attention on noise control, I can't imagine anyone still buying an exhaust that is as loud as those.

With all the attention on noise control, I can't imagine anyone still buying an exhaust that is as loud as those.

The TA is not really as loud as some ppl say...to me it was about the same as a PC or FMF unit, it just has a unique raspy note to it. Now the Jemco....that's another story. 😢

Ask Loopout about his TA, he will tell you how loud it is....

Craig from T/A is setting me up this weekend at a Race in Madera CA.

He is not only bringing my pipe he is also going to jet the bike for me.

Not only a great pipe for what I want but great service.

BTW: Most guys I ride with have an aftermarket race pipe and a ProMoto endcap on the stocker for swaping out when we go to the state riding areas.

😢

Retired my BBR for a TA... have about 3 rides on it & it works great.. Just finished a 4hr GP race & had no problems going through bottomless muddy creeks to drag racing down the 5th gear straights...

I was dicing one lap with a guy on a cr250 we swap back n forth & come out of the trail sections to a grass track heading to the mx track... we come out side by side & kinda look at each other as we get on the gas.. I am on the outside & just click into 3rd & open her up... pull a nice power wheelie & proceed to walk err shall i say RUN away in 4-5th gears... 😢😢

Similiar stuff with the KTMs strokers... the 525;s wouldnt pull me by much.. & anything smaller than the 525;s were dealt with. 🤣

The TA doesnt fall off as flat as some say.. it makes mogo low-mid but i think the mid to top still is better than stock...

In fact the TA makes soo much low end that it caused my rear shock spring to break during the race from the torque... :D🤣😢😢

As far as loudness... well after you hear a jemco you go deaf & loose 50% of your hearing anyway.. really the TA/BBR/PC/yosh are all pretty darn close.. If you keep them packed ... let them go a year with out a repack & 😢

...to me it was about the same as a PC or FMF unit

Which FMF? The full FMF I tried (not Factory 4) is/was tons quieter than the TA.

I'll add this:

There's a big uphill/step-up at my favorite track with a small/slowish table before the run-up. It takes every ounce of low/mid grunt to really fly up that thing and with the TA, I fly further than tons of folks - many of whom are generaly much faster.

I mounted the FMF and could notice the lack of low/mid instantly. I rode it for the first time on that very track knowing how and where to approach the uphill and was no where near my standard landing.

Bob's make'n me a lowboy header right now that will work w/ the stand-alone silencer I bought some time ago.

Bob & Craig are some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I make a point of seeing them when they come south for a demo weekend.

Craig cajoled me into riding his bike for a bit...it was funny because he started yackin at me when I didnt just go spin 2 laps on it....I was out on his bike for half an hour or so while he was repackin my silencer 😢

Bob & Craig are some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

No frig'n doubt. These guys will make any pipe you want... they just need a bike to test fit and build jigs from. Nobody else does that.

No frig'n doubt. These guys will make any pipe you want... they just need a bike to test fit and build jigs from. Nobody else does that.

Except Jemco 😢

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a motor. I just don't want to lose anymore riding areas to tree hugging berka wearing hippy liberal pole smoking environmentalist. I demo'd one of bobs pipes in 01 at Lake Elsinore mx park on my crf450, I needed to be jetted better, It wasn't quite right, but I had an FMF support ride anyway. For the price and service, you cannot go wrong with the TA, but you should be in the middle of no where when you use it.

...you cannot go wrong with the TA, but you should be in the middle of no where when you use it.

Middle of nowhere and legal polygamy... this is a great state! 😢😢

Middle of nowhere and legal polygamy... this is a great state! 😢😢

From the looks of your avatar, I would say inbreeding is high on the popularity list as well in your area... 😢

From the looks of your avatar, I would say inbreeding is high on the popularity list as well in your area... 😢

Does being marryed to my wife and her sister count as inbreeding?

I love my TA lowboy. Great torque down low 😢 . Has anyone tried the spark arrestor/silencer? Would like to quiet it rather than switch pipes for the rides in the turtle petting areas.

I went with the Magnum Krizman core spark arrestor from T/A and it did quiet and cork it ever so slightly, but I don't believe mine has the silencer option installed. All in all the power loss with the sparky alone was very acceptable in my opinion considering I can legally ride now and the fact that it is a bit quieter now is just a bonus.