Sign in to follow this  

Excel Rims - Do I need new spokes?

For some reason, I remember reading somewhere that Excel has their own spoke kits that must be used with their rims? I was under the impression that I could just use the stock spokes and hubs with the new rims.

Any information would be appreciated.

No, you don't need special spokes if you're using the stock hub. If I were you I wouldn't use the stock spokes and nipples because there are better alternatives.

When I laced up my 18" wheel I got the oversize Buchannon spokes which come with stainless nipples. After I built the wheel I have yet to even touch a spoke.

You do have to drill out the hub because the spokes are slightly larger in diameter but it's no big deal.

No, you don't need special spokes if you're using the stock hub. If I were you I wouldn't use the stock spokes and nipples because there are better alternatives.

When I laced up my 18" wheel I got the oversize Buchannon spokes which come with stainless nipples. After I built the wheel I have yet to even touch a spoke.

You do have to drill out the hub because the spokes are slightly larger in diameter but it's no big deal.

So what you're saying is I should buy the rims and get the Buchannon spokes and nipples and that'll lace up to my stock hubs with a quick drilling of the hubs?