Clutching it has no effect

I have read a number of posts of people telling how to pull wheelies by "clutching" the bike. But on my DRZ at least clutching the bike in first at any revs has no real effect on lifting the front, I had the same with my last dirtbike (XR250). My only bike that had quite a response to having a stab at the clutch was my VFR streetbike. So now I'm wondering if my clutch needs replacement or maybe just adjusting. My clutch takes fairly late but there is no shuddering or slippage at pull away so I don't think it's past it's sell by date. Is there any procedure in adjusting the clutch to know if it's correct ?

There is a lot of technique to doing good wheelies. Something I have never been very good at. But with a clutch, by god you can loop out a moped. Stand-still or moving: clutdh it, rev it and feed the clutch agressively and something is going to happen.

No seriously there is very little rpm increse when I clutch my bike. I have the snorkel removed and run a 145 main with a 2x3 hole ? I don't know what's the matter, as I said clutch does not slip and bike pulls fine but it's impossible to wheelie by using the clutch ?

Lol...... ?

If he is screaming down the road in first at high revs, he's probably right, no increase in revs when dipping the clutch, but it certainly ain't gonna wheelie...!!!!

Terrifies me thinking about it ? :cry: ?

Please post a video ??

No seriously there is very little rpm increse when I clutch my bike. I have the snorkel removed and run a 145 main with a 2x3 hole I don't know what's the matter, as I said clutch does not slip and bike pulls fine but it's impossible to wheelie by using the clutch

First of all, for us to actually help you we need to know what you mean by "clutching the bike". If you mean while moving you pull in the clutch lever and release it quickly, that won't help get the wheel off the ground. From your first post you mentioned

a stab at the clutch
. The only time I use this technique is when coming out of a corner in the dirt and the bike bogs because I'm a gear too high. It gets the rpms up and when you release the cutch lever the rear tire usually spins.

In first gear or second a stock S can wheely with no clutch use. Just get the bike moving slowly(not wide open throttle), move your weight toward the rear of the seat and open the throttle quickly. See millemg's movie. Third gear might need some clutch to wheely. With the bike moving 20mph or so (won't work from a standstill) in third gear, pull in the clutch lever, open the throttle all the way and release the clutch lever quickly but smoothly while pulling on the bars. Again, this is not a "slap" at the clutch, you have to hold the lever in while giving it throttle and once the rpms are high enough smoothly release the lever.

I agree with everyone else, you try this in first gear, especially from a stop and you will land on your back. If you do, I want to see a clip of it as well ?

Ok so if someone talks about clutching the bike does he mean a) riding along in first or second gear at normal revs and just quickly clutching the lever, this is what I try or ? pulling in the clutch and let the revs rise and then let the clutch go ? The only reason I asked was because my roadbike would pull a wheelie with me just taking a quick "stab" at the clutch lever, it felt alot more responsive than my DRZ does doing the same and it was only a 400 sportsbike so there is not alot of hp or torque at hand.

((The only reason I asked was because my roadbike would pull a wheelie with me just taking a quick "stab" at )))

Your talking alot more horse power. You were experiencing so much horsepower that little stab is all it took. Less power bikes take more technique. Learning that technique will aid you grately on control of larger bikes.