Sign in to follow this  

What compound tires?

just wondering what compound everyone is running and why they like running it. OR WHAT NOT TO RUN! i believe im using a hard front and a soft rear, i think. also if you can state what tire you are using too that would be great. thanks guys!

dan

For Dunlops use a soft on the front on the rear we use a Soft or Med rear depending on the track, but on most tracks the soft is the best but they don't last long. A lot depends on you budget. If you are racing a soft rear will NOT last the day you will need two. A Med rear will normally last a day. If you are just doing track days go with the med and save$$$$. A soft front will normally last a few rides. Remember the faster you are the faster they burn up so a lot depends on your skill level. 😢

Darrick

www.westcoastsupermoto.com

Darricks right on, it's all about your budget!! Last week at the STTARS socal final round we were racing for the series Intermediate Points championship.. (which we won). Sat. practice we put on a new set of Maxxis soft front and rear and ran 30 to 40 laps. Sun morning I had to make a dissision? How much of a edge do we need today? Answer=All we could afford.. (not need) Had two more new sets of Maxxis in the trailer. But we spent $350.00 on a new set of Michelin's super soft front & rear, scrubbed them in on the heat race and ran them in the main. They will have a track day left in them and then we will toss them.. Easy $600.00 tire weekend. Worth it?? it seemed so at the time. But I don't know how I will feel when the VISA bill gets here in Jan. 😢😢😢

I like the 758 dunlop ft slick, or soft DOT. I like the D207 rear,fits 5" rim real good also 701 rear (hard?)slick