Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F fuel screw?

Does anyone know if the OEM yamaha fuel screws are the same as the keihin FCR fuel screws offered for non oem applications? By non oem I am referring to Sudco for example.

Is there a place to get just the retention spring and washer and O-ring seperate?

Background: My 02 canadian version YZ250F has never started well in cooler weather. It starts alright if its 70ish degrees out. If it gets cold, then its pretty hard to start. I got the bright idea to turn the fuel screw out a bit more to richen up the idle mixture. Apparently, I went too far and it fell out. So now I've lost my fuel screw and all anciliary too. The dealer will only sell me the whole assemble together. I would rather not do that cause I would like to have the Zip Ty racing adjust on the fly setup instead. Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to buy the yamaha part for $28 just to get the retention spring/washer/0-ring.. and then spend more to get the aftermarket adjustable fuel screw. Sudco does offer these parts seperate and more reasonable but I don't know if the parts are the same! Grrrrrrr.

I already purchased the next size larger pilot jet to remedy the cold starting difficulty. Anyone have any ideas? I wanted to ride the 250F more now cause the sportbikes are put away and its cold. Figured that would give me some entertainment anyways. LOL I'm an idiot. Why didn't I put a piece of tape over that fuel screw. I was just taking it out to see how it would run with the fuel screw out more. I am such an idiot. 😢