Sign in to follow this  

Any big guys on the 250X??

Just curious if any bigger riders have a 250X. I'm 6'2 and 210# and I usually ride a 250 two stroke, but last weekend I rode my friends X and I really liked it. I felt like I was going as fast or faster on it than my own bike. I LOVED the fact that I could really push it and my arms never pumped up. I ride only trails, mostly singletrack, and I think it would have enough power, except for big sandhills in the desert. I only make one or two trips out there anyway. What do you think?? :cry:

P.S. I thought about the 450X or WR 450 but I'm not looking forward to that much weight if I can help it.

Go for it. I dress out with gear at around 240 and ride my sons faster than my DRZ400 and its even more stable at high speed than my 400, cant quite figure that one out. Havent ridden his X on trails yet but on tracks that are mild its a blast. Mike in Modesto P.S. I dont know how much heavier a 450 is but the X is no feather although it doesnt feel heavy to me.

I'm 5' 11" and 210 lbs (no gear) and love my X. Only time it leaves me wanting is on fire roads with my buddys on 450s. But on the tight trails it's pure magic. :cry:

Very cool, I go 6` about 280 I am think of the 450x, Saw a 450R in action was thinking about that, but I am leaning to the X. I too was a little worried about my size but ride a XR650L like its a 250 so I think anything will be an improvement. Do you guys have any vids of the 250x thanks

I'm 6.0 and about 210 and love the bike!! I do alot of single track here with some sand Did the normal mods everyone has done and the bike has plenty of power . Good luck hope you pick the right one for you

I'm another testament that the X is a good bike for big riders. I'm 6'5", 230lbs and the bike works great for single track. I was doing some research before I purchased it and think the weight of the bike is very close to the 450. I have even been out to the Imperial dunes on it with no problems (I'm not very wild on the bike though). Hope this helps.....

I'm > 6 ft. and > 200 lbs. Plenty of power for single track. Best bike I've ever riden.

Get some bar risers (such as these http://www.mts.net/~andyj/barrisers/) and maybe some lower footpegs (such as these http://www.fastwayperformance.com/evopegs/) and the 250X will fit you perfectly!

I am 6'2.5" 195 lbs (dry) and the bike has plenty of power for me (but I am not a racer - purely trail riding). I haven't even done any engine mods.

i have a 250 x ,,weigh in at about 230 ,,,and the bike is awsome every thing ive ever wanted ,,bike has enough power ..just have to use a little finese ...i usedd too have a 99 250 cr 2 smoker ,,,the x is more than enough for single track and weekend warrior stuff ,,,great big hills im not a fan of any how ,,,o well Ill take the sigle track any day

mdeleon fresno ca ,,ps over 500 miles no problems just good times

awsome bike

Thanks for the replies guys!!! I'm pretty sure I will get the 250X. My previous bikes have ranged from a KTM 525EXC that would climb anything, to a 250 two stroke that was super light,but wore me out. Riding my friends 250X was by far the most fun I've had on a bike and that is why I started doing this in the first place!!

My dad is about 6'2 and 250, he still smokes me on his x and i ride a r. Ive only been riding for a few months and hes been for a lot longer. Im getting close to smokin his a$$. (not really) haha :cry: