Sign in to follow this  

warm up woes

Just wondering about the way your bike acts when it is warming up. Mine acts very upset. the idle hangs when I give it a little twist, the idle adjsutment doesnt work at all, it runs extremely rough and is a bit louder I think. Everyone's act like this?

Due to the choke being on in the warm-up process it is perfectly normal for the engine to run faster than it would be with no choke and idiling which in turn produces a louder exhaust note obviously. When I warm my bike up on choke I dont even touch the throttle, I just let it do it's thing for about a minute or two and then take off the choke, give it a few blips and all is good after that. Sounds to me your bike is acting normal with the choke on. 😢

if your bike is running really high rpm on choke wait till it bogs and put it on half choke. do this until your not using any choke at all. a few blips of the throttle in the end and im riding around. ps. dont ride your bike hard until it is fully warmed up.

My bike runs relatively smooth at warm up and operatio. Starts first kick on choke runs for 2 minutes at low low/medium rpm. Then I slowly putt around for a few minutes going through the gears slow and short shifting.

when i start my bike with the choke on it revs higher than normal. and if i do twist it when the choke is on it stays at a high rpm then it dies back down.. but when i have the choke off it runs normal.

i got ONE ? tho.. how long do you guys leave your choke on for on your 250Fs.. i usally leave mine on for about 15 to 20 sec. is that ok or should i leave it on for a 1 min or 2..

thanks guys..

mike.

I leave mine on until the first idle stumble. Then I push it off and let it idle for another 30 secs to a minute.

Same here. The colder it is the longer it takes but never more than 2 minutes.