Sign in to follow this  

Clarke tank valve cover wear

I installed the Clarke 3.2 on my 02 about a year ago. I took it off to install a JD jet kit and noticed that the tank was wearing through the valve cover and the frame. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes I have had some problems with my cables putting marks in my valve cover because of the clark tank. I used some JB weld to fill in the worn area. I also had a problem with the fuel mount at the bottom of the tank hitting the spark plug wire and I fixed that problem by grinding the area of the fuel mount down that was hitting the wire.

Yes I have had some problems with my cables putting marks in my valve cover because of the clark tank. I used some JB weld to fill in the worn area. I also had a problem with the fuel mount at the bottom of the tank hitting the spark plug wire and I fixed that problem by grinding the area of the fuel mount down that was hitting the wire.

Yep... to be fair my cables were leaving marks on the valve cover before the clarke... but the fuel mount chewing the spark plug is an issue that could leave you stranded on those long rides... Grinding works.. you can also add a thicker rubber washer and longer bolt on the top tank mount.