Sign in to follow this  

weird problem

ok i dunno if this is just me or something, but lately i have been riding and it seems like the shifter is having trouble being stomped into first. I'll be downshifting and it will stop so i think i'm in first. Then, as i take off, i realize its in neutral and after i rev it, it will stomp down easy to first. It will only not stomp down easily to first if i'm slowing down and down shifting all the way.. Is there a problem or is it just me? 😢

yea well just saying cause its never done this before.. It's hard to shift down to first when im just sitting still... I have to rev in nuetral then clutch in and then it will easily shift down to first 😢

one of the first things to check is clutch freeplay, if that is under control and problem persists check oil type and viscocity, if it still persists, you just migh need to open the clutch and see if the metal plates are warped.

Difficulty in shifting into first or neutral is generally a cluch related problem.

If you've ran car oil in the motor and the fibre plates got moly additives on it you'll have to change your clutch.

If you have to change any plates stick with stock plates.

stu