Sign in to follow this  

Drz125l Vs. Ttr125le Singletracker

I'm looking at getting a 125 singletrack playbike(plus the mods such as frame cradle, stiffer springs, jetting and so on) and wondering which one to go with. Any comments please.

I have the sister model to the DRZ125L the Kawasaki KLX125L and really like it for playing around on trails with my kids. It is pretty slow, though I think all the 125 four strokes are. The jetting stock is really cruddy at idle, i.e. Bigger pilot Jet by one size takes care of it. I did the BBR front springs and rear spring and the cradle frame. All of them are really good products and the difference is marked compared to my other buddy's stock KLX125L. We are both older guys that ride on trails with our kids. You may think about new aluminum bars and better clutch and brake levers after you bend the first set. All in all these are good bikes for their price. They just need a little aftermarket love to make them better after you buy them. The TTR has more aftermarket support if you are going to spend lots of money on the bike like motor work and stuff.undefined

BBRMOTORSPORTS said it themselves. They also carry a frame cradle for the klx or drz.

Is the DR-Z/KLX125 better than the TT-R 125?

This is a tough question. Stock the TT-R is probably a better bike. The fork spring are so soft on the DR-Z/KLX125 that it is hard to ride. With minor modifications (fork springs, shock spring, exhaust) the DR-Z/KLX125 is probably better than an equivalently modified TT-R 125. When both are extensively modified it is hard to say which is better. We’ve only just begun to modify the DR-Z/KLX125 and we have several years working with the TT-R 125. Ask again next year!