Sign in to follow this  

Welcome aberfanwee

Just want to say welcome to a new user to TT he is my dad "aberfanwee "

He is thinking of getting a bike first time rider since he was a teenager i won't say how old he is now, but i am 32, 😢 any way guys he is looking for a bit of advice on what bike to get. i told him how cool all the guys are on here and he will have a truck load of advice. I'll let him tell you his requirements 😢

Welcome, welcome, welcome, buy the bike that fits, possibly used in case you want to upgrade soon.

well a big hello to you iam looking for all the help i can get as the last time i was on a bike i was 17 ha ha so iam starting from scratch iam 240 lb so what sort of bike do i need and be kind with me lol

for us americans:

16 stones = 224 pounds

but i google and i had no earthly idea what the heck a klosor is...aberfanwee (welcome!) what is a klosor, maybe a metric measurement would help

i think a honda XR250 would be perfection for you

well a big hello to you iam looking for all the help i can get as the last time i was on a bike i was 17 ha ha so iam starting from scratch iam 240 lb so what sort of bike do i need and be kind with me lol

I think you should stroll on over to the WR Forum. My unbiased opinion of course 😢

I think you should stroll on over to the WR Forum. My unbiased opinion of course 😢

I'm with him, maybe a wr250f or a wr450f.

DRZ is a great bike to have for a couple of years. I rode mine for 2 years, almost every week, before I felt a need for something a little more sporting. I keep it around now (I sorta half-assed have it for sale right now.) for dual-sport riding. It has a nice plush capable suspension - not great for big jumps - that soaks up a lot. At your weight, You'd want to re-spring it, then just go ride it. DRZ's are very reliable and popular, so parts and aftermarket goodies are readily available.

the sort a grand dad can do and out with my son on times just for fun its been a long time since i have been on a bike so iam a learner you can say lol

DRZ is a great bike to have for a couple of years. I rode mine for 2 years, almost every week, before I felt a need for something a little more sporting. I keep it around now (I sorta half-assed have it for sale right now.) for dual-sport riding. It has a nice plush capable suspension - not great for big jumps - that soaks up a lot. At your weight, You'd want to re-spring it, then just go ride it. DRZ's are very reliable and popular, so parts and aftermarket goodies are readily available.

Halfnutz, it is me that has a DRZ my dad is looking for his 1st bike. i think he is going to be happy on a 250 as a start off bike and one with the magic button at that, so i think it is looking good for a wr250f at this point. any one else have any thing to add?

Halfnutz, it is me that has a DRZ my dad is looking for his 1st bike. i think he is going to be happy on a 250 as a start off bike and one with the magic button at that, so i think it is looking good for a wr250f at this point. any one else have any thing to add?

OK, if you are going 250, you can't beat the WR. I think 03 and later models have the magic button. They are fun to ride and the most reliable of the 250 class. 😢

Welcome to TT Boyo.

There's nothing better than the sound of four strokes in the Valleys.

I can vouch for the XR250 as a first bike, it's virtually idiot proof (just check the oil more often than I did 😢 ) It's also available quite reasonably priced with a magic button too. TBM magazine have loads for sale.

I can highly recommend joining the Trail Riders Fellowship, who contrary to popular belief are not all old geezers in waxed Belstaff jackets.

You're already living in the best part of the UK for trailbiking, so you won't have too far to travel to get dirty!!

Welcome to cardiffdrz's dad. 😢

I would add whatever bike you choose make it street legal so you

guys can dual sport ride together. Wish I could of with my pop.

Welcome to cardiffdrz's dad. 😢

I would add whatever bike you choose make it street legal so you

guys can dual sport ride together. Wish I could of with my pop.

Yeah it is gonna be awesome, my 2 boys and my dad all out riding will be some good times i am sure 😢