Sign in to follow this  

How do I check te condition of my piston? ~PIctures inside~

The carbon on the piston is what I would expect to see when running pump gas.

The rest is a bit to fuzzy to see much. 😢

Is the position worn?? look at the bottom front and rear near at the skirt of the piston.

In the cylinder,, can you see the cross hatching thought out the cylinder? does it appear to be worn out in some places,,, again,, mostly front and rear is where you should find it.

To really check things out you will need a micrometer for the piston and an inside dialindicator for the cylinder.

Bronco what would be the skirt of the piston? And how would apear to be worn?

In the cylinder I can see (at front and back of the bike) border where it is a different tone of colour to it.

Here:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XAACAxkcXyAZZ*sCU7t3!RsCI!S6vJwFQY5A1dPmdj1*1gTX64hw5kIimzlHvPjxsOFB!!GTu42hV*JeoJXHltvw*V8Q*0qCuJP0yHjQBujV11nJKdhXOFLjleY87J9bQNZntpDP2BU/Pulling%20the%20head%20019.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XABHAxEcWB4ZZ*sCU7t3!RsCI!S6vJwFQY5A1dPmdj3LtCUxy0DYofv9NaQmssWm8yy9qd09XmmIh16jbl7otOriKgEq0cbTvMLSrxEyrbQylLgvfj4r2dspsIRjPom4qutMAb2ut2c/Pulling%20the%20head%20020.jpg

The area between the lines is giving a different reflection type of colour. and I can see some lines scraplike lines.

You really can not tell much by looking. With some experience you can make some guesses, but in till you measure stuff your just guessing.

The skirt is the lower portion of the piston, most often described as the part below the line of the piston pin.

Ok.....then Im guessing its worn out and I NeeeeD the 440kit 😢😢

Will I need to change the jetting on my CV carb with the 440kit?

Burned by saying "to start" do you mean to make the bike start? or to start the search for the right jet to make it run good?

So far Im just researching and deciding on the components. Rui helpped me with my pulled treads issue (and thank you Rui for doing so). He did offer me to help refreshing the head. 😢

I see.

Do you have the FCR jetting sorted out with the 440MT?

How mush is the FCR kit?

come on deman,is that a serious question? 😢 of course i have the 440 jetting dialed.

fcr kits are $500-600.

LoL let me see then.....

-Less hassle with Jetting (Burned has it all figured out)

-More POWER:banana:

Soooo where do you say I can get that damn FCR? ONLY 6:crazy:😢 Bucks Eh? better be a hassle free bolt on with all the parts included. IS it?

I liked the pics, and see what you mean about the rod looking rusty. Looks like you actually have thick carbon starting to form over the piston crown and over the side. Not an impressive look to me

Was your bike using any oil at all? I think 22KM is like 13,000 miles, there have been some who've pulled the stock set ups at 15k and found piston ,rings ,and bore in excellent shape as far as wear. I've got 23,000 miles on mine but no oil usage, and ride alot at sustained high rpm.

Will I need to change the jetting on my CV carb with the 440kit?

from what i rememebered from burned, larger capacity engine will need "lesser" gas or something like that.

so a CV still "usage" i presume 😢