Sign in to follow this  

Oil dip stick length?

Anyone have the length of the oil dip stick? A measurement from the sealing surface to Full & Low would be great. Mine has the plug for a Scotts damper and the previous owner has misplaced the dip stick.

If nobody responds, I'll measure mine when I get home tonight and post it. I'm guessing you want from the O-Ring to the bottom of the stick? ...probably want to know the length from the bottom that the min/max falls into as well huh?

...man, you are full of demands! 😢

Alright, it's kinda hard for me to see the small graduations right now (lasik'd last night) but here goes-from the o-ring to the high mark, 4 13/16". Low mark (bottom of dipstick) is 8 3/8" .

whodat

Thanks! I would not have thought that there was such a difference in the high/low marks.

My guess is that since teh engine is a semi-dry sump the oil in the frame is more of a resorvoir/cooling area than the actual level. IIRC there's a plug in the side of the engine which when taken out shows the level in the engine itself, and one oil pump pushed that around the engine and another one takes everything above that level and pushes it through the cooler into the frame resorvoir.