Amateur Photo's of Professional Racer's. Let's See 'Em!

I've got a ton of MX picture's from local National's at Redbud. I'd have to think some of you have your own share of "Never before seen" National pictures. Chiefan has alway's added a lot, but how 'bout the rest of you? Don't you guy's ever take pictures at the Nationals? ?

LET'S SEE 'EM! ?

Johnson_86_84_01.jpg

The top photo is Ricky Johnson on the 1986 Works Production CR500R. The second photo is Ricky Johnson on his 1984 YZ250. ?

If no one else' posts I'll just add a new one every few days. ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JohnnyO - I was a paid press photographer for the vast majority of the shots I have posted so far. I guess that doesn't qualify me as an amateur. But here are a few new ones I have not posted so far anyway. These are from '76

Karsmakers leg drag

Legdragger.jpg

Howerton and Weil

CowboyandWeil.jpg

ThumperTalks Gary Semics

15SandBlast.jpg

Gerritt Wolsink

Wolsink106.jpg

Chief you never cease to amaze me. Even after all the tons you posted you still come up with more killers, All of 'em are great shots. I think these are as good or better than some of the previous.

Wolf child, awsome lot of pics from Redbud this year. That's what I'm talk'n about. Man you took a ton!

Over40 your Lecheins don't show up for me.? ?

I've got a few select new one's I'll be posting later.

(But of course like Chief, mine are all from the retro-side.) ?

???

JohnnyO 2 things, I was at the redbud race you have posted, all have to dig them up, and I can see my pics. Maybe it's got something to do with web shots? Try copying the address in another open internet window then right clicking and hitting show pic, thats what i have to do at work.

de17006.jpg

Back of the pack 1988 125's. 14 is Larry Brooks, current KTM Team Manager. 23 is Tichenor, 11 Is Kieth Bowen, I think 162 is Dale Spangler.

de17007.jpg

Ricky Johnson again, 1984. Man that number one plate looks killer, it's a shame the all mighty dollar has all but killed it.

de17005.jpg

John Finkleday on the KTM 495 ahead of Billy Grossi on the Husky and some guy on a Maico. This is from the 1983 Last gasp Trans-USA race (formerly Trans-AMA). All the big factory riders were in California as the series splintered off. It was a privateers dream as heavy favorite Billy Liles knocked himself silly in practice on a big new double and some guy named Dave Hollis won the whole thing on an RM250. This is was a cool race to watch with all the different Euro bikes.

de17008.jpg

Jim Gibson on the Open Honda 1981? Trans-AMA?

This shot of Barnett I posted right before the upgrade in the General section. Since no more photo posts are allowed there I am not sure how many people actually saw it. Mark was leading at Lake Whitney TX in '82 and crashed heavily. He rode around and finished with his bars badly tweaked. It takes a strong rider to push on with this kind of bike to work with.

bentbars.jpg