I got my arm back!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Yup....for the first time in almost 3 months....I can SCRATCH my arm withOUT a shishkabob skewr!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! I got to not only wash *both* arm pits....without help...but got to shave both of them, too!!!!!!!

NO need for a big azz plastic bag in the shower!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!

peace,

janette

Um.....er....well....my elbow won't straighten yet....my wrist basically doesn't move at all....and my thumb is a tad more floppy then you'd think it would be after *this* much time in a cast.

...um...so....TOMORROW!!!!!!! :D???:D

Yeah, yeah....tomorrow! NOT!!!!!!! ????

I don't really know. I guess I need to see how it goes. Me and the ol man cut it off with a dremmel tonight...so I don't really have like "doctor's recommendations" to go by. I've got a wrist brace on it right now. It will take a while just to get all the stiffness and soreness to go away.

I am *supposed* to go and meet up with some sidecar guys on Saturday for a ride. I'm thinking I'll probably be just a spectator. But....if it doesn't hurt....especially my elbow (I cannot beleive how SORE my elbow is!!!!)....I'll tape it up real good and give it a try. I figure if I can load my bike up....then I'll be able to ride. If it hurts to load my bike....I'll wear my spectator hat. ??:D?:D:D

peace,

janette

Hah nothing like breaking doc's orders.

Good luck, congrats on getting your arm back, and be careful if you go.

I cheated both times after my knee surgeries and rode 2 months earlier than they said I could. But I rode slower than usual and used my leg as an excuse for my pansiness. So go for it if you feel safe, but take it easy.

I am doing better....my elbow is "almost" straight. I have NO strength in my arm, wrist, or hand. I am keeping moist heat on it a lot and trying to take stretching very slowly. I really want to race JackRabbits.....might even go for red numbers just because I really don't need to push things. If I can't manage a test ride before....then I won't race it at all.

One big thing is I do not have a bike that runs well enough for even 1 loop right now. Everything in the garage needs work. I can't even imagine twisting a wrench right now....so we'll see. My wrist won't do that at ALL without a great deal of pain.

peace,

janette

Thorina,

Don't rush it or you can end up back at square one. I am coming off my first major injury in 31 years of doing "risky activities." I broke my ankle.... I found great resources on the web on rehab philosophies. I found a site called, "mybrokenankle.com" that was encouraging and provided useful guidance. I can tell you from experience that it isn't very much fun to ride before it's time. It's really nerve wracking. I was healthy enough to ride long before I was healthy enough to crash....even a little one.

You may already know this, but..

Rebuild your range of motion, work on strength, and get some bomber elbow/forearm protectors and learn to trust them. They really eliminate the need to put your hand down to "break you fall."

RH

Yeah....I've come to the conclusion that I am old....and things like don't "bounce back" like they used to.

As far as gear....I wear enough gear to make a trip down Niagra Falls....without a barrel. LOL

I think I got the bars yanked out of my hands in this silty rutted stuff. When I hit the ground, my arms were at my sides. The impact with the ground is probably what dislocated my thumb, but all the soft tissue shreading was most likely from the bars yanking out of my hands.

It still hurts....which *will keep me from riding. Yeah....I could take a putt.....but if I fell....I already know it's back to square 1. One test is if I can load my bike without pain.....I can't even drink a cup of coffee without pain, yet....so...... ????

peace,

janette

Hey Janette! Not to change the subject, but I saw Big Bear on my mornin' news this morning! Looks like ya'll got some pretty snow up that way!?! ? I'm thinkin' of headin' to Rim towards the end of January to go ski with a friend. If it pans out, wanna come play on the mountain with us!

Snow? Um, no.....they are making tons of snow because it's cold as a witch's tit.....but nope....none of the natural variety overnight.

Indiana and those parts got sh*t loads over night....but *we* didn't.

My daughter stayed the night at a friend's in Blue jay....and they didn't get any fresh snow either.

peace,

Man it feels great when that cast finally comes off eh? Mine was killing me because it was rubbing on the pins that were sticking out of my arm so it was such a relief to get it off.

It's surprising how quickly the strength and ROM will come back. I went for some physio but didn't need it for very long. My physiotherapist said to use it as much as possible and to push it harder and further than you think you should. He said it should hurt while you are doing it but not too much afterwards. If it hurts a lot more later, you're pushing it too hard, if it doesn't, you're not pushing it hard enough!

Hope you're back out riding soon!

If I'd actually broken a bone....I'd be all over moving the crap out of it....but, other then the dislocation....it was all soft tissue damage....and redamage right about the time it *should* have been nearly healed. Nope....not pushing it. It still hurts pretty much all the time. I haven't worn the brace in a day or so. More range of motion every day. I have been keeping heat on it a lot. Not only because it needs it....but because it's cold up here....fake snow or not! LOL

peace,

janette

Hey. I'm using my husbands log in. Let me start by saying , been there broke that. I also broke my tailbone and tweaked my knee. Let's just say that trees don't move, your knee will every time. This is my first year racing. I can't wait to see what next year will hold. Santa brought me a new dirt bike. Either he really really likes me or he is waiting for me to kill myself. The doctors love to see me coming. Taking your own cast off will save you enough money to by cool stuff like knee guards and chest protectors. Don't give up. Its worth it in the long run.