Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Response Question

My 04 KX250F has hesitation when the throttle is snapped open, rolls on fine starts fine, air filter clean. I adj the fuel screw 90deg richer (ccw) no improvement. Any suggestions?

Thank You

if you try snapping the throttel fast, all bikes will have a slight hesitation. Even mine does that... Its normal.

This more than slight, and is very noticable exiting turns, our 05 rmz does not do it.

My 04 RMZ had a huge hesitation, kind of like a hicup when the throttle was rolled on fast. I went to a 45 pilot jet and end of problem! It's easy to change just loosen carb boots , roll it over a little bit so you can access the bottom, take the large nut off the bottom of the bowl and the jet is right there. Let us know what you end up finding.

when I had my KX250F it had a bit of hesitation and my current CRF does to. It is the nature of the 4-stroke and they all have it to some degree. You can fiddle with the accelerator pump timing, pilot screw, pilot jet and needle position to make it better, but I could never make it completely go away

Throttle cable adj took care of it. I already had a 42 pilot(1 step up) one of those cables must pull the pump lever. It seemed like a new bike, really snapped to life. Thanks all for the help.