Sign in to follow this  

Best Mud/Wet weather gloves

Hey CRF'ers,

Up here in the Pacific NorthWet (as Hawaii Rider would put it) we spend at least 7 or more months riding in serious wetness. So I have a question:

What kind of glove setup do you wet/mud riders prefer?

I have a set of MSR Mud pro gloves on order for this weekend and am hoping they do the duty in the wet and mud.

I have used the fox thermalpaw glove and found that it sucked in the rain cuz it actually lowered the depth of the standing water because of how much water they absorb. I have also used neoprene Whitewater Kayaking gloves, and they were to thick in the palm for decent grip.

Anyone come up with a good wet weather solution that doesn't f*&^ up your grip?

Thanks!

-Fiddler

PS. I love my 250x. I am just giddy about how well it handles and delivers power. 😢

I have an old pair of Thor gloves I still use. They have a plastic liner between the inside and outside of the glove and are isulated. I love the gloves because they are not bulky and are good for very cold weather. Unfortunately they don't make them anymore and they are starting to wear out.

I tried the MSR glove and it was way too bulky to even think about wearing.

If anyone has any good ideas feel free to suggest a good glove for cold weather.

Hmm... I have the Fox Thermalpaw gloves and like em. Yes, the hold water, but my hands still stay fairly warm. Better than anything else I've tried so far.