Sign in to follow this  

Informal Jan 2nd Tucson Area Dual-Sport Ride, Redington Pass

I am planning on riding my dual-sport up to Chiva Falls (see this link or just google Chiva Falls and/or Tucson Redington Pass ) on January 2nd, 2005. I am a very very beginner rider, and it would be nice to ride with some guys who can give me some tips. Plus, it would be great if someone brings maps and/or a GPS.

When I say slow, I mean slow. There is one guy I might right with who would be riding a BMW GS. There are three ways in, so I’m going to have to pick the easiest possible way in, if we can make it in at all. If not, we will just idle around other trails up in Redington Pass area.

Just a slow dual-sport ride, meet up at the Circle-K at 11271 E Tanque Verde Rd at around 9:30AM. Start up the Redington Pass at about 10:00AM. If any Non-Dual-Sport types want to meet up, maybe hang out around where the pavement ends around 10AM? I’ll be more than happy to stop and talk to anyone sitting by the roadside on a bike, so if you see a big guy on a Dual-Sported WR450F riding up around that time, feel free to flag me over.

Looks like 62 degrees and rain on the 2nd of January. Maybe Friday the 31st instead I anyone is interested in going.