Sign in to follow this  

dude, need xr600 advice pleeeeaaase!!

😢😢 i have a 94 xr600r that i got for !!!FREE!!! . so i want to spend a few $$$ and set it up for woods. i need advice on the best suspension improvments available to me. please help thanks a bunch chris

one more thing i forgot to mention-- i have my own full blown machine shop and all the tools in the world or can make the tools i need. thanks again

i've owned several of these monsters and the first thing to do if its not already done is lose the stock exhaust! put on a fmf powercore 4 its a world of difference in weight. and get new springs,go a little more than what is recommended. clean the out the forks and put in a quality fork oil, these forks react well to oil weight changes so you can experiment with that. i ran 15w in mine but i'm pretty heavy. the shock can stand a revalve, they are very soft. you might try a new product called two2cool , its a friction modifier free oil additive that helps to keep the motor cool i use it in my wr450 and its amazing stuff(that 600 is gonna need all the help keeping cool it can) you may also wrap the header pipes in exhaust tape(keeps unwanted heat off the motor) and and i also used a oil cooler (off an xr-xl ?? 250) strapped to the frame rail. in the summer a cooler plug also helps. mine tended to run rich so checking the jetting might be in order(putting on a after market pipe should help any richness) its a great bike just a little heavy!!