Sign in to follow this  

Graphics Kit on CRF50 -

I bought the One Industries pink graphics kit for my daughter's 50 (Christmas present). I've put on a few graphics kits before, and with DecalMX application fluid (good stuff!!) and ALOT of patience and painstaking care, they look like a factory job 😢 . UNTIL....the right rear number plate on the 50 has such radical curves to fit around the pipe that it's like trying to wrap a piece of paper neatly around an orange! It looks like crap! 😢 Anybody run into the same problem and have any tips? I'm going to try to get just that one decal from One Industries and redo it.

I just used a hair dryer and alot of patience. I agree that that 'number plate' was by far the hardest piece from the Factory Effex kit I just did on my sons XR.

I warmed the decal with the hair dryer before application to get it nice and pliable. I sprayed Windex liberably on the plastic then peeled off the backing and placed the decal on close to it's finished position. I used a squeegie to remove the air and excess Windex (while using the hair dryer, breifly, during the process to keep the decal pliable.) No bubbles yet....we'll see after the weather warms.

Good luck! 😢

i dunno wat to say for sure, but maybe heat it up really hot with a heat gun? 😢

You don't need to get it 'really hot'...just warm enough to soften the decal up a bit.

You don't need to get it 'really hot'...just warm enough to soften the decal up a bit.

That's a good point. TOo much heat introduces air bubbles underneath the graphics.

I just cut the S.O.B in half, slap each piece on and line up either the number or a sticker over that peace of shit crack and call it good.